Apr 2015 Challenge ~ Apr 20th - Apr 26th

Options
cpanus
cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
Tank Top Arms

15 Push Ups
24 Bicep Burners (8 full bicep curls, 8 half bicep curls, 8 full bicep curls)
15 Shoulder Presses
15 Push Ups
15 Tricep Dips
15 Back Rows
15 Lateral Raises
10 Pushups
15 Tricep Kickbacks
20 Tricep Pulse Backs

Do these exercises twice. Modify or skip where necessary. Use the heaviest weight you can and increase your weight throughout the week.

Have a great week, everyone!

Chris

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    What, no burpees? (Just kidding!!!!)
  • cpanus
    Options
    OMG!! I'm so glad you are!! Nearly fell outta my chair! bwahahahah!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    When I saw burpees I thought for sure it was Shelley. Good one Paula! :)

Tennis practice tonight for 90 minutes. Good to be outside again!

Goodnight.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Got out there at 7:00 a.m. for my walk, hit the gym w/our trainer then picked up Bean. DH and I took Bean on a nice long walk. He is the best pup!!

Had to have DH remove all the peanuts and almonds from the house. I was just falling face first into the jars and cans. He probably hid them in the garage...I could probably find them if I tried. I won't. I'm glad they are gone. The temptation was too much for me.

Tomorrow we will be watching DD's best friend's 6 month old. It should be interesting. Been a lot of years since I've changed any diapers. Not sure what I'll get done as far as walking or exercise is concerned. It might just be a rest day!! :o

Hope everyone is doing well. :*

Chris

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,889 Member
    Options
    You 3 are hopeless. But I did laugh. :)

Kathy I really do like your new inspirational thought for this week. I saw myself on the news tonight. I was doing security at the commissioner meeting. I know my uniform adds 20 pounds to me, but I was really sickened by how I looked. Thanks for the push.....and I hope you play well. B)

Chris sounds like you are going to be busy. Have fun. :) I applaud you for throwing out the nuts..you are allergic to them anyway if I remember correctly. I am going to tell hubby to , sniff, sniff, not buy me anymore chocolate! :# We can do this.

Paula you can do burpees. No really, you can. muahaha

Well tomorrow is the day. The new tank will arrive! WOOHOO. Hubby also got me a 35 gallon Brute can for doing large water changes, and catching fish! I plan on taking lots of photos! Wish me luck. o:)

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    Got out there at 7:00 a.m. for my walk, hit the gym w/our trainer then picked up Bean. DH and I took Bean on a nice long walk. He is the best pup!!

Had to have DH remove all the peanuts and almonds from the house. I was just falling face first into the jars and cans. He probably hid them in the garage...I could probably find them if I tried. I won't. I'm glad they are gone. The temptation was too much for me.

Tomorrow we will be watching DD's best friend's 6 month old. It should be interesting. Been a lot of years since I've changed any diapers. Not sure what I'll get done as far as walking or exercise is concerned. It might just be a rest day!! :o

Hope everyone is doing well. :*

Chris

Chris - I feel your pain...nuts, chips, crackers etc can be my down fall only because I don't seem to know when to stop. I put myself in a nut-free zone for a while as well. :(
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I've hurt my neck so going to see doc tomorrow. I thought it was just a crick but it's been a week plus now and still hurts. Walking rather than lifting weights as I don't want to do any more harm. Hoping she tells me I'm just getting old...I'm tracking my food well though.
    So excited about the new tank. Did you ever grab the fish that was attacking the others?
  • zumbaforever
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Clara that fish is a pain. I am seriously considering draining the tank down to only a few inches to get him. But it will take a few hours. Of which I do not have right now. :( The aquarium arrived in great shape. Still need to test it for leaks. The cabinet and hood look awesome. But I did not anticipate so the thickness of the inside when I bought my 40 gallon breeder tank for a sump. I went by the outside dimensions of the cabinet. No way will it fit. Oh well, back to the planning board! :* I will post pictures later. I put my Joey and Cooper inside. They were dogfish for a moment. :) The crate was over 6 feet tall. They really knew how to pack it. The cabinet was stacked on top of the aquarium. Lots of prep work still to be done.

I sure hope your neck is ok. Mine is still achy from the crash. So I feel for you. Get better. <3

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Everybody needs a neck check!!

Shelley, I hope you are having total fun with your tank!

Kathy -- no nuts for two day! So far so good.

OMG!! The little guy was a handful today...well, only for about an hour. I did get all my steps in just walking him up and down the hall! Bean was a champ, though! He wanted to help out every time the little guy cried. We all went on a walk. That part was fun!

I managed 5.53 miles for 12,069 steps today. :# I am sooooo sore from yesterday's gym workout. :'(

Hope you all have a grand Thursday.

Chris

• KAR1959
    Options
    Wednesday turned into a rest day. Busy at work then went to a play Wednesday night with a friend...late night.

Clara - I hope your neck is ok.

Chris - Good job with the nut free zone for 2 days...keep it up.

Shelley - happy the tank has finally arrived.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    Oh the rain has let up in Kathy's neck of the woods, and the tank has arrived in Shelley's. And we're giving up nuts and checking our necks. And the dogs are fish except the blue guy who is cat food. Be careful everyone and feel better soon (necks, walks, babies, gyms, egad)! (and blades...)

Chris, I tried doing wall pushups. They are do-able, they just feel funny since my leg doesn't straighten completely. Haven't tried planks yet as they aren't on the list but expect the same result. My PTist has me doing bridges and heal lifts - it feels good, like a good stretch.

And Shelley, I have a doctor's note to skip burpees. My leg doesn't bend completely (only a right angle). PT is improving that range and I'd ask you to wish me luck, except that'd eliminate my excuse to miss burpees! :noway:

:flowerforyou: Paula
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Tennis practice tonight 90 minutes. I've had 3 late nights in a row. I'm too old for this :) I'm headed to bed.

Good night!

KathyExperience
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Muahaha Paula, love your ramble! B) Hope you get well soon. I know how much you are missing burpees. B) We had lots of rain today and thunder. Coopers wall is still keeping him in. Only have to clean up the little drops he releases in his fear. But so happy he did not go over the wall! That thunder scares the poop out of him. :'(

I found the perfect onlay for the hood of the aquarium. It was a discontinued vintage one. There are two mer horses with a seashell separating them. 24 inches long. Hand carved in maple and 3/4 inch deep. He was selling it with a set of horse heads. I talked him into selling me only the one. The price was steep, but it is so worth it. Still in the original wrap. B)

Kathy sounds like you had an awesome night also. :)

Chris babies are two hand fulls. I had 5 in my daycare all under two! It was a workout, but I loved it.

Everyone thank you so much for all the aquarium well wishing.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Here is one photo of the back of the aquarium. I am holding my darling Joey. There is another photo of the unfinished cabinet with the hood sitting on it.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley...so cool! So happy for you and your new hood!

Kathy...it's all about having fun, and we're never too old for that!

Paula...please scan me your doc's excuse for the burpees...I'll print it and then...

We did 5 miles with Bean this morning then I shopped and made soup. Then we watched a movie and I ate bell peppers. No nuts. I managed 8.21 miles for 17,956 steps today.

We have the baby again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. :#

Have a great Friday, everyone!

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    We had the baby again today. It was a much better experience than Wednesday! We got a couple of miles done this morning then a couple after he was picked up by his mom. Total miles - 6.56...total steps - 14,329.

The good thing about having the baby for the day...no time to think about eating! DH fixed his lunch while I tended the babe, then he took over the childcare while I ate. It worked out nicely.

Back tomorrow.

Chris
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Neck is better
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Tennis practice yesterday - 60 minutes. Last match of the spring coming up Sunday. My doubles partner and I want to end the season on a positive note. Saturday I plan to complete the challenge and start an abs/core challenge.

Clara - very glad your neck is better :)

Chris - good job with the baby and getting in your walks.

Shelley - happy you found the perfect hood,

Everyone have a great Saturday.

Kathy
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I see everyone has been busy, busy.

I have had an interesting week or so. Decided that my happiness and well being are number one so I changed jobs at work. My boss is NOT amused but it is not about her or what makes her happy. The new job is actually an old job I had with another boss. Material handling and jitney driving. Nice and physical but much less BS and no more OT. Which means more ME time.

Clara glad your neck is feeling better. Mine kinks up every now and again and when it does it just blows chunks ;)

Chris I need to borrow some of your walking motivation. If this weather doesn't make up its mind here soon I fear I will never get back into my walking schedule. 60's one day and snow the next still, UGH!!!!!!

Kathy Good luck tomorrow. Hope the season ends on a good note for you and your partner.

Shelley that tank looks HUGE!!!

Paula NO burpee talk young lady!!!!

Off to our bowling banquet in a few. I promise to try and behave with my food choices.

Lynnette
  • cpanus
    Options
    Lynnette it great you were able to switch jobs. I would have loved much less BS...I gladly lend you walking motivation...yours to keep!

Kathy good luck tomorrow! And congrats on taking up another challenge.

Clara I'm glad your neck is better.

Went out with Bean early this morning. Watched him chase lizards who were much faster than he was! It was pretty darn cute! Got 6.35 miles and 13,870 steps done.

Hope you all have a great Saturday evening and a terrific Sunday!

Chris