Supplements to lose fat & increase lean muscle mass - any Recommendations?

Options
lilystars
lilystars Posts: 36 Member
Hey everyone!

I have been focusing more on strength training after working with a personal trainer for the past 2 months.
I've also been keeping an eye out at what fitness models are doing or at programs recommended on bodybuilding.com,
and it just seems like there are sooo many different supplements out there... protein powders, BCAA's, fat burners, N.O boosters... and so many fitness models using them.
I found this Girls guide to supplements to be quite useful, however still a bit overwhelming to choose from:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/girls-guide-to-supplements.html
Can any of you more experienced, knowledgeable strength training girls out there tell me what exactly you're taking and what you recommend?
Again my goals are mainly to lose fat, and increase in lean muscle mass.
Would be so great to have some insight on what works.. and what doesn't!

Thanks so much in advance!

:smile: Lily

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're needing.

Honestly, I just use protein powder because it's convenient and helps me reach my protein goals and I don't even do that every day. I tend to use it just a few times a week but it's especially helpful when I have shorter work shifts since I don't take a lunch break on those and I can't be eating food when cashiering. I might have some tonight even, though I have eggs and chicken so won't be as difficult to get the macros today compared to other days.

I haven't tried any pre-workouts or anything else. Well, okay I drink coffee in the morning because I like it and in evening I'm in the bad habit at work of having an energy drink whether I'm going to the gym or not afterwards. I lift at around 11 pm, so energy is good to have but don't want too much cause I do have to go to bed after I get home though ends up being an hour after before I to try to sleep. I don't know if they help much, I just kind of like them and we often have one of the brands on sale each month.

I have seen other comments on pre-workout and the main plus seems to be better focus while lifting. That seems to help some though nothing much has been said on the fat burners and I wouldn't recommend any either just out of personal preference as well.
  • SmellyHippy
    SmellyHippy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I supplement with creatine and bcaa's daily. If I don't hit my protein goal I will also supp in a protein shake. I feel like these are helping with the strength goal. The creatine helps your muscles hold water so the scale may go up a few lbs in water weight. Don't let that scare you though.