What's our future?

Options
Cosmos130
Cosmos130 Posts: 9 Member
NS boards and blogs were pretty much a revolving door for new and exiting members, with some notable exceptions. We are not an official NS group. As our members reach their goals, there will not be an influx of new members. I have no plans to quit NS even after I reach goal (hate to cook for myself only). Will this be a group of one?

Replies

• evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Nope....it's cheaper for me to buy ns food than to buy at the grocer...that was the deciding factor for joining ns...the money...I'm succeeding and my lifestyle doesn't allow daily cooking I work 14 hour days 5 days a week and am running errands. Like crazy the 6th...so one day to prep for the week....I will be a lifer but at my for logging foods and exerciseforever after I get to my ns goal...I realized tracking is the only way I will keep on point and main.i still be a bit of a way to go...but...you are not alone...now it's a party of 2, my dear!!!!!
  • Cosmos130
    Cosmos130 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am going to stay on too, it's cheaper than cooking for myself, unless the discounted gift cards are no longer available to existing members or the food keeps getting worse, cheap rice dishes and hot spicy inedible food.
  • SuziBoston
    SuziBoston Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    When I hit goal I will do the NS maintenance program for a short time & then I'm not sure if I will transition over to weight watchers or jenny Craig's maintence for cheaper reasons!! But I will continue my friendships here with you all!! Great Post Cosmos!! ;)
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    NS is a no brainer and I plan to continue at least until my auto shipments expire on QVC. I buy most of my food there because if it is the value of the day it is way cheaper. On April 9th (the day I started) they had a daily deal I couldn't pass up and you could get the same price for 5 months. I will continue to use the NS site for blogs and other inspirational things but my food will be logged here. AND...I hope you guys are ready to help me when I reach my goal because maintaining my goal is where I fall hard.
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    grmshelle wrote: »
    NS is a no brainer and I plan to continue at least until my auto shipments expire on QVC. I buy most of my food there because if it is the value of the day it is way cheaper. On April 9th (the day I started) they had a daily deal I couldn't pass up and you could get the same price for 5 months. I will continue to use the NS site for blogs and other inspirational things but my food will be logged here. AND...I hope you guys are ready to help me when I reach my goal because maintaining my goal is where I fall hard.

Hi! Think about this...the reason NS is cheaper on QVC is because the plans are 20 days, instead of 28 days w/NS! Costco also has the NS 20 day (M-F) plan. Plus, NS has a lot more discounts to their customers, free shipping, insurance discount, auto-ship discount, 5 or more orders discount, and we currently still have the $10 off for the DD 50 clicks, plus I buy Costco NS gift cards twice a year @ 40% off for $59.99. Prior to 2014, Costco NS gift cards were 50% off @ $49.99. Plus, their everyday price is 20% off the face value of $100 for $79.99. Don't get me wrong, I love QVC, have for yrs.
  • MarySG58
    edited April 2015
    Options

P.S. The QVC & Costco NS 20-day plan is only shelf safe, no frozen, another reason it is cheaper!
  • Redsy1965
    Redsy1965 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    NS is a no brainer especially with 3 teenagers and working full-time. I just pack my feedbag and go :)
  • grmshelle
    Options
    I'm happy with QVC's 5 days/weekends off but I don't do it that way I just do it every day and take a day or meal off when I need it. I order alacarte on the NS website sometimes. Now you have me thinking...I'm going to check NS's plans, maybe I am paying too much. I've been wanting to try the frozen items too, maybe I should switch plans...hmmm..and thanks.
  • katbirdinoregon
    katbirdinoregon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I get more variety with NS than I do cooking for one, which I hate to do. I too plan to be an NS for a very long time. I have already been on since August 2012. Still have not got to goal but it has been nice to see the scale either staying the same or going down. I have seen lots of people come and go and come back again because they gained weight back. I figure doing it the way I am is better than yo-yoing.
  • MarySG58
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm happy with QVC's 5 days/weekends off but I don't do it that way I just do it every day and take a day or meal off when I need it. I order alacarte on the NS website sometimes. Now you have me thinking...I'm going to check NS's plans, maybe I am paying too much. I've been wanting to try the frozen items too, maybe I should switch plans...hmmm..and thanks.

You are welcome! Glad I could help! If you chose to change plans, I am sure you realize you can stop the auto-ship from QVC anytime, but double check to make sure things have not changed.
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'll be here for a long time. I have over 100 lbs to lose and then maintenance.
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I plan on being on NS for a long time. According to my current trend, I should be somewhere close to goal in July/August time frame. Since my wife is on it too and we both enjoy the food - why leave it? Our boys pretty much fend for themselves. And since we are on the unlimited frozen program, there are lots of choices. If I had to start making my breakfasts and lunches myself I guarantee that I'd be eating crap or not eating at all.
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Swati and I will probably transition to weekends on our own once we hit our goals. NS is just so convenient for us, especially with respect to time spent buying and cooking food. We are saving big too. We are no longer eating out (which we did often) or picking up fast food. I picked up Wendy's for my son a couple of days ago and it was nearly $9 for a burger, fries and frosty. It would have been $25+ if Swati and I were eating too. We could BOTH eat a day's worth of food for that and it would be much healthier. Plus there is the price of meat at the supermarket - crazy. If I had to guess, I would say we have been saving between $200 and $400 per month on food since going on NS and another $200 on alcohol.
  • mikemusky44
    Options
    Cosmos130 wrote: »
    NS boards and blogs were pretty much a revolving door for new and exiting members, with some notable exceptions. We are not an official NS group. As our members reach their goals, there will not be an influx of new members. I have no plans to quit NS even after I reach goal (hate to cook for myself only). Will this be a group of one?

The newbies will be looking for places to go. From what I read, it seems as if NS is trying to push people to Facebook. I believe we have a great resource here with some great people and we can help others by reaching out, which is what I have been doing since Randy set up this group.

If you are on Facebook (Swati and I are not and have no plans to join), you can share the link to this group.

While you can't search for a group on MFP, you can search the discussion boards. You can always search for Nutrisystem on the boards and share the link to the group that way.

I just had a long day at Six Flags with my son, nieces and nephews so I am a little fried but I am sure there are many other ways to let newbies know this group exists. It benefits all of us, especially the newbies, to keep this group going. So if you feel comfortable inviting others, go right ahead.

• grmshelle
    Options
    Oh man am I craving a roller coaster...wish I could of been there!!
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Cosmos130 wrote: »

Good question Cosmos. I will continue to use MFP after I reach goal. I will be tracking me ...exercise weight etc...for the rest of my life. I would also want to continue to get support from this group.
  • mikemusky44
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oh man am I craving a roller coaster...wish I could of been there!!

I actually had a NS moment. I went on Kingda Ka with my son, nephew and brother. For those of you not familiar with Six Flags Great Adventure, it is the tallest and second fastest roller coaster in the world. It launches you from 0-128mph in just 3.5 seconds and then up 456 feet. The technology used is similar to how planes are launched from aircraft carriers. I love it! They also have the best wooden coaster I have ever been on - El Toro. Fast but really smooth for a wooden coaster. Awesome twists and turns and the engineers intentionally put in "head choppers" to add to he thrills (as you approach them, they appear so low that some people actually duck). Anyway, back to the NS moment.

I have always had a fairly large chest. In the past, when they pushed down on the shoulder restraints, my chest compressed and it was truly difficult to breath. I actually stopped going on a couple of rides because of it. Today, not only did my chest not compress but the restraint was not even touching it. It was great!

• obie1nancy
    obie1nancy Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    There is another forum starting.
    nutrisystemrefugees.freeforums.net/

Looks like we NSers may be going in different directions.
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love to bake but NS and the price has kept me grounded and im glad. My husband used to have my dinners waiting when i got home from work and he likes not having to choose something to make. Now Since my daughter moved out and husband diets his way, the plan has been perfect.

I postponed mine once for two weeks cause I had extra meals but ran out of desserts and sufferedLol

I plan to stay stay on ns until my legs stop rubbing together.
  • shadeao
    shadeao Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been on this since the middle of 2013. We did really well but have been slipping lately. So, we are back at it. I plan on using NS in some form or fashion for a long time. It works and is convenient.
    I agree with everyone about reaching out to newcomers. It might be a difficult task but hopefully there will be a way. It just doesn't make sense that they don't want discussion boards, but they must have a reason. It must have been quite a process for them to make that decision.
    So happy that a lot of folks have landed here. It is comforting to read about people with the same goals.

Regards,
    Art