Why does it taste better then thin feels?

Options
bethom2005
bethom2005 Posts: 1 Member
Hello,
I'm new to this message board. I'm an emotional eater or maybe a bored eater. Well, I just like to eat and it's slowly killing me.

Replies

• GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm a bored eater. When it's boring here at work, it's easy to say, "Oh, it's been another hour. I can have another snack." That adds up to a lot of snacking. So I'm trying to redirect myself at those times. I try to ask myself if I'm really hungry and if the answer is No, then I try to stay out of my lunch box.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    There are LOTS of things that taste better than thin feels! But I guess the key is to have those things in moderation. I eat most when I am angry or procrastinating, or celebrating of course. I am trying to get it down to celebrating.
  • idalooses
    idalooses Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i caved in to my emotional eating yesterday! but i saw iced honey buns as soon as i stepped into walmart and craved them the whole time i was shopping, so i willingly went back to the display and grapped up, not one, but 2 of them!! only 50cents each so, in my stinking thinking, what a bargain! what was the emotion attached to that decision? happiness! eating sweets makes me happy, satisfied, and rewarded. i was rewarded with sweets as a child; rewarded myself throughout my adult life and now at 59yrs old, i'm still rewarding myself and making myself happy! even though i know better, i know that the sweets will end up making me feel guilty, sad, defeated, and obese afterwards! how do i stop this vicious cycle?? :'(:s
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling with trying to figure out how to break that feeling.. because it is so true. It DOES taste better (AT THE TIME). This week i'm going to make it a goal to do something else when i'm feeling emotional instead of eating. I know that I need some major willpower, but I have to not cave. I've caved for the last two weeks, again! Logging in here, but being too ashamed to count cals. to see how much i've actually gone over.
  • Michelle52801429
    Michelle52801429 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the truth!! I've had a bad couple of weeks with allowing myself to sneak in things that are working against my weight loss goals. It is so gratifying in the moment, and then I'm mad at myself on weigh-in day!!
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    GabinkaP wrote: »
    I'm a bored eater. When it's boring here at work, it's easy to say, "Oh, it's been another hour. I can have another snack." That adds up to a lot of snacking. So I'm trying to redirect myself at those times. I try to ask myself if I'm really hungry and if the answer is No, then I try to stay out of my lunch box.

At work I've started doing a quick mindfulness activity during my mini breaks. It's helping me stay calm and focused and not eat.
  • ahealthiercara
    ahealthiercara Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard couple of weeks too... just when I was really on a good streak thinking that no food is good as feeling thinner feels, it got all turned around. When a few days of emotional eating can undo a month's weight loss progress it feels like I'll never be able to keep losing weight or keep it off. I know all of the tricks but sometimes food is the only thing that will satisfy me. Its depressing.