The Doctor's scale is 7 pounds heavier than mine! Yikes!

Options
BAILEEMARIE
BAILEEMARIE Posts: 12 Member
It looks like I will be around with you for awhile! This morning I had my yearly healthy check-up at the doctor's office. When I stepped on the scale I was 7 pounds heavier ton their scale than my scale at home. I asked the skinny nurse if their scale needed to be re-callibrated. She informed me her weight was the same on that scale and her home scale. YIKES! I guess it will be awhile before I reach goal!
The doctor was still pleased and found me to be healthy!

Replies

• Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My doctor's visit had a similar overage. But it was later in the day and I had shoes and clothes that are heavier than my pajamas I usually have on to weigh. I told him I was gonna use mine to track my loss. He just giggled and said that would be fine. :)
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue - until I figured out the problem. Now when I go into the office, I offer to get 'nekkid' - the nurse then subtracts the offending pounds rather than get a show!
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    jringold1 wrote: »
    I had the same issue - until I figured out the problem. Now when I go into the office, I offer to get 'nekkid' - the nurse then subtracts the offending pounds rather than get a show!

Nice! lol
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

I had to snicker here. Wasn't it part of an old Jeff Foxworthy routine that said "If you are naked, you have no clothes on, but if you are 'nekkid' you have no clothes on AND you are up to something . . ' I thought of that and had to laugh . . .
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Or....time for a new doctor?!?!?!
  • TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist (back when I was considering bariatric surgery) told me that clothes on average weigh 7 pounds, so when I weighed in at their office they always subtracted those 7. That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the title of this post.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Be careful. With all your weight loss, they will be taking you up on your offer. :p

My doctor told me that they have their scale calibrated 5 lbs heavier to account for clothes. I hope that means they subtract that 5, kind of like what TheDaddyBear mentioned.
  • BAILEEMARIE
    BAILEEMARIE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Now that is too funny about getting NAKED! I did get naked for the doctor and I should have asked to go out and step on the scale! It was awkward enough in the doctor's office since the handsome doctor worked with me several years in the prison's medical dept. We have been round and round on my weight loss issues and he would have absolutely laughed if I had asked him to get butt naked in the scales! I think he was pleased that I am getting close to a healthy weight goal. I was just a little bummed because I thought I had an additional 5 pounds to go and weight comes off soooooo slowly to begin with! I am happy about now and thanks for all the posts!
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I had to snicker here. Wasn't it part of an old Jeff Foxworthy routine that said "If you are naked, you have no clothes on, but if you are 'nekkid' you have no clothes on AND you are up to something . . ' I thought of that and had to laugh . . .

Close - That is from the late, great Lewis Grizzard - rest his soul!