Guess what I found today?

Options

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Oh squeeeeeeeeee. Today I found indents up and down, along the sides of my core/abs. I'm a *very* long way from any abs showing, but just to see that promise of what's in store has made me so happy!

And I put on a pair of thin fabric white trousers (note to Americans - pants go *inside* your trousers, they are not an outer garment ;) ) and can see indents up and down the outer edge of my quads! I've always had very strong quads so I've a feeling they are going to show so nicely as I lose more fat.

I can't believe how much fat you lose with the WOE while the muscles stay. My whole body is proving this in losing fat that sat there stubbornly no matter how little I weighed on the scales in the past.

You Brits, next thing ya know, you'll be telling us about boots and bonnets on cars... :D

Dan the Man from Michigan
    You Might Be a Keto Dieter If...
    LCHF is the XXXX (A funny animated explantion of the Keto WOE)
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    :) Today I'm learning Aussie = British. Boots and bonnets here too. ;)

I'm learning though. I have a good friend who is in American. I met him while online gaming about 5 yrs ago. He's educating me in the USofA way.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    You Brits, next thing ya know, you'll be telling us about boots and bonnets on cars... :D

I was born a Brit, but have lived in Oz since 1972*. Aussies also speak correct English though and you betcha I'll be telling you about boots and bonnets, and cars using petrol, and turning a tap to get water, dressing a baby in nappies, with a dummy in its mouth, and sticking the letter U every place I can possibly put one in a word like colour and neighbour and humour B) And use 're' for centre, litre etc

The only word I can think of that Aussies use, the Brits don't, but the Americans do, is the word 'truck'. In the UK they say 'lorry'. Otherwise, Oz is as much an outpost of Britain as is Canada.

* I'm a naturalised Australian and have had the traditional operation to remove half of my brain and replace it with a meat pie.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    spush wrote: »
    My bottom hurts when I sit on a hard chair, it seems my built in cushion is vanishing

Same here. The wife picked up some cushions and I claimed one. No longer in the market for any MEN'S bras. :)

An old pair of pants I wear around the house on cool mornings that would just button under my belly sometime now slip down even when I have them over my belly now. On checking I really have lost my hips but the scales indicates they went somewhere else. :)

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    That I have shrunk out of the elastic in all my sweat pants... So now I have to dig out the strings in them and keep them tied or my pants end up around my knees.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options

I was born a Brit, but have lived in Oz since 1972*. Aussies also speak correct English though and you betcha I'll be telling you about boots and bonnets, and cars using petrol, and turning a tap to get water, dressing a baby in nappies, with a dummy in its mouth, and sticking the letter U every place I can possibly put one in a word like colour and neighbour and humour B) And use 're' for centre, litre etc

The only word I can think of that Aussies use, the Brits don't, but the Americans do, is the word 'truck'. In the UK they say 'lorry'. Otherwise, Oz is as much an outpost of Britain as is Canada.

* I'm a naturalised Australian and have had the traditional operation to remove half of my brain and replace it with a meat pie.

I just spit my coffee out with that last statement! ❤
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options

You Might Be a Keto Dieter If...
    LCHF is the XXXX (A funny animated explantion of the Keto WOE)

Ask 'em about fanny packs and see if they change colors!
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Truly loving the answers here. They are all giving me a huge smile - with happiness for all the discoveries, and a belly laugh at the funny ones. (I'm not going to put humorous or humour any more because of the spelling differences ha ha!)
    Haven't really found anything.....but I lost a chin..does that count?
    It most certainly does!!!
    wabmester wrote: »
    I lost my sunglasses. (Please let me know if you find them.)
    That's the belly laugh. Hope they turn up wabmester.

Probably TMI but when I take my middle-of-the-night loo trip I used to tuck the torch between my leg and my belly while I sorted the TP aspect of things. I can't do that any more, it falls off >:)

Granny, you're tucking a "torch" ..... like fire? ;) (I am trying to mentally picture that) Hopefully that's an British word for flashlight? LOL!

lol, I was trying to figure out why she was carring a torch.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    First time I've posted this truly before picture from five years ago. You can see what I mean by finding my neck, lol!z1isdpbaqwzh.jpg

Ugh! I've definitely come a long way!

Wow, you look like a completely different person. Congrats!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @kristenlarkin, thank you! I know that I am still her, but not the same at all.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Truly loving the answers here. They are all giving me a huge smile - with happiness for all the discoveries, and a belly laugh at the funny ones. (I'm not going to put humorous or humour any more because of the spelling differences ha ha!)
    Haven't really found anything.....but I lost a chin..does that count?
    It most certainly does!!!
    wabmester wrote: »
    I lost my sunglasses. (Please let me know if you find them.)
    That's the belly laugh. Hope they turn up wabmester.

Probably TMI but when I take my middle-of-the-night loo trip I used to tuck the torch between my leg and my belly while I sorted the TP aspect of things. I can't do that any more, it falls off >:)

Granny, you're tucking a "torch" ..... like fire? ;) (I am trying to mentally picture that) Hopefully that's an British word for flashlight? LOL!

Torch is English for flashlight, Dan!

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Ask 'em about fanny packs and see if they change colors!

Ha ha Twibbly. First time I ever heard that phrase it's a wonder my eyes didn't fall out of my head. I'm not explaining for the unenlightened ;)
    "* I'm a naturalised Australian and have had the traditional operation to remove half of my brain and replace it with a meat pie."

I just spit my coffee out with that last statement! ❤

Whoops - sorry IaUC <3

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Someone needs to explain the fanny pack reference please! I feel like I'm missing out on something funny, lol! :p
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Someone needs to explain the fanny pack reference please! I feel like I'm missing out on something funny, lol! :p

NSFW: http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewgauthier/one-thing-americans-shouldnt-say-to-british-people#.mfN1qBqQ2k
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I found three pairs of jeans, two shirts and a dress for free! Love shopping in my own closet :D
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i am starting to see abs!!!!

@sljohnson1207 i feel like women are just meant to hang onto thighs! (:

lol re: sunglasses
  • Sajyana
    Options

In Australia, the female genitalia is known as a fanny. So, yeah, a fanny pack isn't quite what Americans would have us believe. ;)

• Sajyana
    Options

We are weaned straight onto meat pies. Accompanied by a coke or chocolate milk. ;)
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hey dont you Aussies Root, Root , Root for the home team???
  • Sajyana
    Options
    Hey dont you Aussies Root, Root , Root for the home team???

HAHAHAHAHA

If you're into the sporty types. ;)