April 2015 Due Date Club

Options
14567810»

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I was just scrolling down the forums and saw this. I was due April 20th last year (although she was born May 1st). It's brought it all back reading your posts :)

Good luck ladies!

P.S I drank raspberry leaf tea with all of mine. All three were overdue, but I've had easy labours and never needed stitches, so it's worth drinking.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hey all :)

Sorry it's taken me a week to update you!

Our little man made it safely in our arms at 9:23 last Tuesday night. I went in for an induction at 7:00 am last week and had a very hard slow day of labor. By 8:30 at night I was still only dilated to a 6 and we sent my husband to go find some dinner because it looked like if end up having to have a c-section around midnight based on labor stalling.

By 9 I was begging my nurse to check again and I had gone from a 6 to a 10 in half an hour. I wanted to push so badly, but my husband wasn't back yet and my doctor (who thankfully was on call) was still about 10 minutes away.

Both of them finally made it into the room and after two pushes our sweet little guy was born. 7lbs. 14 ounces, 19.25 inches long. He is beautiful and adored by his older brothers. We feel incredibly blessed to have him here with us.ra7mdziuq4gs.jpg
    1kc0pxo0dkl3.jpg
    936rk8uqi6yn.jpg
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Adorable! And you look great! What an exciting story! Good thing he held off until your doc and husband were in the room :) Congratulations on this new edition to your sweet family!
  • aleikita
    aleikita Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!!
  • TheLaser
    Options
    I meant new addition! Shows how tired I am! Baby come out!!!!
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Haha I got what you meant :)

Anyone else's little one arrive? Praying for safe deliveries for all of you!

I've been pumping and I'm so excited that my supply is finally ahead of baby! I've got 10 ounces frozen and 20 in the fridge! Woohoo!
  • TheLaser
    Options
    Still no baby yet here! My due date was yesterday. There are four more days left in April, and then I'll have to join the May babies group! Come on out little one!

Mormonmomma: did you end up drinking raspberry leaf tea? Do you think it helped your labor? Btw, you look really good in your "after" photo holding the baby -not much of a bump left! Way to go on the milk supply, too! I'm hoping I will be as lucky -I had a very low supply last time and it was a huge challenge.
  • TheLaser
    Options
    I am now the sad, lone holdout in the April Due Date Club. And it's May. And it's International Labor Day. Too bad baby doesn't seem to know that!
    Oh well, I think May is a great birthday month! Come on out little one!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Ah, Laser... You've had it especially rough. Crossing my fingers that you're done soon!
  • TheLaser
    Options
    Thanks for your support, Nikki! Hoping the little one comes this weekend!