4 1/2 years post gastric bypass

Options
jo_annem123
jo_annem123 Posts: 9 Member
Hi all, my heaviest was 324, then 289 at my first RNY visit, after surgery I got down to 155. I am now at 188 and have to stop eating like a regular person! I visited my nutritionist and she put me on 1200 calories and 30 minutes walking per day. I am on my 3rd day and have lost 3 pounds. Hope it remains easy. How are all of you doing?

Replies

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am only a year out and almost to goal. I work out almost everyday. I work out doing Kickboxing, Zumba, Step, weight training, Barre fitness, spinning and some running. I like to do a variety of things so my muscles don't get set. I am so fearful of gaining that I work out so I won't. I eat around 850 to 1000 calories a day and have so much more energy than ever. Good luck to you.
  • jo_annem123
    jo_annem123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am 74 years old and have osteopenia (fragile bones), so am limited to walking and swimming. Keep up the good work!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Eating is 90% of it. I am very active in my every day life but do not really "exercise' anymore. Many of us do not do any formal exercise and can maintain our losses. Focus on the eating and you will continue to do well.

I had my RNY 6.5 years ago. My highest was 339. Currently I am 145 and want to lose 5 pounds I have gained in the past few weeks.

Good luck! You can do this!!