let the count down begin!!

Options

Replies

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    You're going to do great! Congratulations on getting your date!
  • OhhSusannah
    OhhSusannah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The whole journey is full of mixed emotions, but I am willing to bet that in a month's time you will be feeling great and not regret surgery one bit!
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is my last day on real food for awhile. I have a two- week very low-calorie diet that I had purchased special diet food for. Then two days of a liquid diet before surgery. Then one month of liquid and one month of puree food.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You've got this, TN_Tinker! It will be quite the rollercoaster, but in no time it will be a distant memory!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    you got this Tinker! It becomes "normal" so quickly - at least for me it did. Best wishes!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    you'll do great. listen to the the advice your doctors and NUT give you and if you have questions ask .
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    Thanks guys, today is day one and I have my food pretty much planned out. I am ready to do this thing!
  • Merylk34
    Merylk34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So excited for you! I'm also got my surgery date coming up may 4th so I'm right behind you
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    Merylk34 wrote: »
    So excited for you! I'm also got my surgery date coming up may 4th so I'm right behind you

Lets keep in touch and we can chat!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all the newbies. You will be amazed at the difference. Follow the Dr. orders and you will all do great. Today is my surgiversary 1 year ago I was where you all are. I have lost 106 pounds and so close to my goal.

SW 267
    CW 161
    GW 145 to 150.

I exercise on a daily basis, I started going to gym at 4 months out, and have found nothing but loving support from all my gym rat friends. I am so much stronger and healthier. If you need encouragement these boards are great, if you have questions this is the place to go, but first please contact Dr. if you need professional assistance.

When I first had my surgery I thought 'what the heck did I just do' now I think 'why didn't I do this sooner'.

Best to all.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    It's really not as hard as you think. You can do this! So excited for you!!
  • joysie1970
    Options
    Good luck to all the newbies. You will be amazed at the difference. Follow the Dr. orders and you will all do great. Today is my surgiversary 1 year ago I was where you all are. I have lost 106 pounds and so close to my goal.

SW 267
    CW 161
    GW 145 to 150.

I exercise on a daily basis, I started going to gym at 4 months out, and have found nothing but loving support from all my gym rat friends. I am so much stronger and healthier. If you need encouragement these boards are great, if you have questions this is the place to go, but first please contact Dr. if you need professional assistance.

When I first had my surgery I thought 'what the heck did I just do' now I think 'why didn't I do this sooner'.

Best to all.

<3 this is exactly the reason I love this forum! You guys all are the best!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    <3<3 me too joysie!
  • Merylk34
    Options
    TN_Tinker wrote: »
    Merylk34 wrote: »

Lets keep in touch and we can chat!

Yeah would love to have a surgery buddy
  • Merylk34
    Options
    So I had my preop appt with my surgeon today and my preop class coming up on Wednesday. Getting nervous. It's starting to feel more real the closer it gets. Any tips from the vets out there.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Commit to your surgeons plan. Try to make your body as healthy as possible before surgery, such as adding some exercise and lots of fluids each day. That will be beneficial for post op. Drop caffeine from your diet as much as you can. Don't expect the weight to drop over night, this is still a process that takes commitment from you.
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    The next two days are liquids only and the surgery is Wed. I am starting to get nervous. Not about the liquid part but about the surgery. Can I really go through with it? Am I insane? Will it be truly worth it? How bad is the pain going to be? How long will I be in the hospital?
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    the surgery is the easiest part - you sleep through the whole thing (lol). being a little nervous is normal, but if you think of how far you've already come, the surgery is just another step. I had my surgery on a Wednesday morning, was in my room before lunchtime, I was the second surgery, and was up walking by 4 pm. I went home by noon on Friday. stay strong, you'll be just fine
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    It's normal to be nervous. :) The surgery was *not* horrible. I mean--it was surgery--and I needed and took my pain killers, but I'm a big baby and it was by no means the worst thing I've ever experienced (that was the last few days on liquids before I could eat regular mushy food again, lol).

You're going to do great, and you will be so happy when you're on the other side and on your way to a new life!
  • joysie1970
    Options
    TN_Tinker wrote: »
    The next two days are liquids only and the surgery is Wed. I am starting to get nervous. Not about the liquid part but about the surgery. Can I really go through with it? Am I insane? Will it be truly worth it? How bad is the pain going to be? How long will I be in the hospital?

You are going to do fantastic! Keep us all in the loop and let us know how you're doing, it's normal to be nervous - before you know it you will be on the other side :)