Mushy/Pureed Food Recipes Needed

Options
lmbalders
lmbalders Posts: 32 Member
Hello Everyone! I am starting to run low on mushy/pureed food ideas. Tell me you favorites from this stage to help give my diet some variety. THANKS!!

Replies

• loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I took a can of beef hash and pureed it. While I don't think I would eat beef hash normally, I loved it at that point. I think it was nice to have something that tasted like real meat and wasn't sweet.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Campbells has a new soup Tomato Chipotle - I put just a tsp on top of 2oz of ricotta cheese and heat in the microwave for like 30sec...very yummy!
  • april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ blog is a great resource for all phases of the post-op diet. Her ricotta bake (which winds up being sort of like lasagna) is legendary. Tuna salad was my go-to soft food.
  • april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Here's the specific link to her pureed phase favorites: theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html
  • lmbalders
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great ideas. I made the Ricotta Bakes...they were delicious!
  • joysie1970
    Options
    if you can get it into a blender you can eat my bariatric director told me today, she said in the beginning she did well with shrimp, crab and scallops - using nonfat yogurt and herbs to flavor, I think I am going to try that tomorrow, sounds kinda odd but yummy at this point :)
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Another endorsement for those ricotta beaks. Also turkey chili. Use diced tomatoes and beans then run an immersion blender through it.

-Phill
  • joysie1970
    Options
    mmm I vote turkey chili too...I do really well with it, I make mine with 1lb turkey, 1 can rotel tomato mild, some fine chopped sweet onion and garlic and one package chili seasoning, let simmer for up to two hours...comes out perfect! I eat 2oz and top with one tsp greek yogurt...my pouch loves it! LOL! And if you break up the ground turkey enough and chew well, no need for the immersion blender.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    My go to was root mash. I tossed a sweet potato, turnip, onion, garlic, and a couple carrots in a crockpot with some spices (I like jerk seasoning). Cooked till soft. Puréed with a little bit of chicken stock. Added a few scoops of unflavored protein powder. You can even make it into soup by adding more stock. I lived off that stuff!!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    One thing I did for that phase was taking a weight watcher, or lean cuisine frozen dinner and cook according to instructions. Then I would put all the meat and veggies, and a bite of the carb portion, in a food processor. I would add a bit of chicken broth if it needed moisture. This worked pretty good for that stage and I wasn't left with a fridge full of leftovers.
  • lmbalders
    Options
    Everything sounds delicious. Definitely gonna try the turkey chili and root mash. May get brave enough to blend some seafood.
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed pureed chicken with sour cream and guacamole!
  • jo_annem123
    jo_annem123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would put a can of soup in the blender and pulse it a few times. At first I used light chicken noodle. It becomes a thick broth with amazingly more flavor than right out of the can. Four years later I am still blending my soups. Just like it better, all kinds.
    M
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash is a fantastic base to add almost anything in with it. Mashed sweet potato with just a touch of butter was my go-to, though. I also liked turnip root, hummus cups, and mashed cauliflower (you can do this in a variety of flavors depending on which styles of cream cheese are available to you).
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    BBQ sauce was my friend so was spaghetti sauce. Refried beans are easy. Ricotta cheese and Sun dried tomatoes.