Back today!

Options
mandabrett
mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
I have been doing weight watchers and feel like crap. I was a terrible idea. I don't know why I even tried it again. I did lose weight. It was totally not worth it. This is it. The paleo lifestyle just fits me. It makes me feel good and is easy to follow. I don't have to stress about counting (if i choose), and I feel like I can just relax and enjoy my food.

That being said. I am so happy to be back on track with the way of eating that is best for me. I look forward to reconnecting with this group.

Replies

• shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    You gave them more of your hard-earned money? :'(

Yes, welcome back!
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I tied that group once and all their food and recipes were so full of chemicals and what-not I think they are run by Monsanto!
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome home!
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    mandabrett wrote: »
    I have been doing weight watchers and feel like crap. I was a terrible idea. I don't know why I even tried it again. I did lose weight. It was totally not worth it. This is it. The paleo lifestyle just fits me. It makes me feel good and is easy to follow. I don't have to stress about counting (if i choose), and I feel like I can just relax and enjoy my food.

That being said. I am so happy to be back on track with the way of eating that is best for me. I look forward to reconnecting with this group.

Welcome back! I did weight watchers, too. I actually gained weight and quit after 4 months. It just wasn't for me. Once I wrapped my brain around the points thing, they changed their whole marketing campaign to that "get started" where you pick a food from each category for each meal...ugh. That was way too much thinking for me. I was a WW failure lmao. I know it works for some people, though, so I won't knock it too bad. :tongue:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Works to build repeat customers. I will knock them for how bad their program has harmed the health of so many while they rake in billions in profits....

Ok, shutting up and slinking back to my corner now. Sorry.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I think if one just used the points and not the stuff they promoted it might be OK. BUT I am not sure about the points translating to a healthy breakdown in the end. I have never been willing to 1) Pay or 2) Weigh in. Once online started I was well into the other online communities.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! WW worked for me when I was in my 20s, but I don't think it would work now, just because I seem to do so much better without grains, legumes, dairy, artificial sweeteners, nightshades, etc.
  • homesweeths
    edited May 2015
    Options
    p.s. WW worked, as I said above, in terms of losing weight. Unfortunately, it fed into my food dysfunction, though -- did not help my binge disorder, or compulsive weighing, or thinking about food literally every moment. Paleo/primal has resolved all those issues, pretty much.

The one thing I retain from WW is the concept of "red light" foods. There are a couple of food combinations that set me off. One is caramel corn with nuts (Trader Joe's has their own "healthy" version of Cracker Jack that I have learned not to have, even for a rare treat -- and yes, I know it's definitely not Paleo/Primal, it was a rare movie-night treat and part of the 20 part of 80/20) and another is dairy mixed with cherries. I don't know if I'll be able to tolerate "Paleo ice cream" made from coconut cream, with unsweetened frozen black cherries and a little almond extract stirred in. I'm going to try it, some upcoming hot summer day, but if something about the combination triggers cravings I'll have to leave it for my own good, I think.

Before I went off white potatoes, grains, and legumes, I used to get triggered by sweet-and-sour (think hot bacon dressing with apple cider vinegar). I can now safely eat that combination, like on a spinach salad. Must have had something to do with my body chemistry when I was still eating SAD.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    (and isn't it ironic that if I were to post about "red light" foods in the main forums, I'd probably get jumped on by the IIFYM purists?)
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    (and isn't it ironic that if I were to post about "red light" foods in the main forums, I'd probably get jumped on by the IIFYM purists?)

No kidding. Then they'd get into a Snickers debate.