Working Mom Here - Need Support/Friends

Options

Replies

• sm113
    sm113 Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a mama of four, 12, 7,5, & 2, and a night shift nurse (week on, week off). This has made weight loss difficult since I resume "normal" hours with the husband and the kids on my week off. I was also an extended breastfeeder until recently. I'm looking for mamas to help support me and that I can support in their journey.
    My initial goal is 30lb, but I need to lose 75lb total. I can't wait to be a healthy & happy mama and wife!
  • lindseymp2015
    lindseymp2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    New here also. And new to site so unsure how to use it- I also need support so feel free to friend/add me also Idk how to! Anyway, I am a mom of 2 - #1 turns 3 next month. #2 is 8 mos with health issues. She has craniosynostosis and had to have major skull surgery in October so we pulled girls from day care and now work opposite shifts. Crazy! She is also very needy so it's hard to get out to exercise though our local Y has daycare. (They understandably like whining babies so I can't work out very long). Plus it's winter in Iowa and I can't take the girls out to walk until maybe spring break... My husband made a huge faux pas at Christmas and made fun of my brothers weight only to realize ALL the adults in the room weigh more than he did. I am determined to weigh less than my husband - so 60# to loose. But I'd also like to be healthy for kids so upwards of 100# would probably be good!
  • rachieroo
    Options
    Hi my name is Racheal. For a few weeks now been on a mission to lose my baby weight. I have a 3 year old and 5 month old and would love to get back to my weight pre having 3 year old. Please add me, I would love some friends to support me through this and I will do the same. I go back to work in April so need to keep on track.
  • tanya730
    tanya730 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    also working mom of 2, ages 3 & 5 and need help sticking to something so I can get healthy again... 20 lbs to lose
  • kymetime69
    kymetime69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom of a happy 7 month old little boy. I lost my pregnancy weight right away but once I stopped breastfeeding it all came back so now I am up to 200lbs, my prepregnancy weight was 192 but my ideal weight would be 175. I am pretty tall so I can carry a little weight but not this much. I am taking baby steps but would like to be on track before my little man is 1. Looking for motivation and some new friends who know what I am going through! Feel free to add me!!!
  • sofiahard
    sofiahard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a mom who needs some support with weight loss. Trying to lose about 35lbs. I love my sweets and junk food. Joined a local group using this app but was reemed when I would post my daily intake along with my food
  • caf973
    caf973 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum of two (2.5yo and 4 month old), working part time. Need to lose 30lbs and need some help/held accountable and motivation along the way!
  • Lappka
    Lappka Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom of nimble son (3yo) and my goal to get back to my prepregnancy weight 110lbs (CW 123lbs). Lopking for motivation and friends. feel free to add me. also you can firnd me in instagram per_aspera__ad_astra
  • jamie9292
    jamie9292 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mom of a 9 month old, also work full time and school full time, How do you find time to workout? EVERYONE add me I need all the support I can get.
  • lhernandez92
    lhernandez92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mom of two boys (2 year old and 8 month old) I'm one of those new years resolution weight loss people. I have lost so far 11 pound but want to lose another 20-25 pounds. Add me for support!!!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 (6, 3, baby). Currently on mat leave until 2016 so trying to take advantage of the time to get good habits in place. Once I go back to work, I work full time with a 1.5 hour commute each way so time is pretty tight.
  • Jessiemno
    Jessiemno Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! I am also a working Mom of 2 boys. I also need friends to keep me motivated
  • TheWazzer27
    TheWazzer27 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Working mom to 5 yr old twins and a 3 month old. 30 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • Summer913
    Summer913 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm also a working mom with 2 kids. I just recently got fully back into exercising & eating healthy. I'm here for motivation & support. Feel free to add me!
  • aemganesh
    aemganesh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and would love some friend adds.I just had my baby in October, and I'm working my way back down the numbers. I'm below where I started with baby #2, so now my goal is to get back to where I started before baby #1! I would love to have some friends and am really excited about finding these groups!
  • lhernandez92
    lhernandez92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Young working mom of 2. Wanting to lose pregnancy weight and then some. Have lost 11 pounds so far and wanting to lose another 25. I tend to fall off the bandwagon while trying to juggle so many things going on in my life. Need some support on staying on my goal. Feel free to add me!!!!
  • rghendo
    rghendo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Working mom of a 7 mo and a 3 yo, would love more friends for support!
  • PilatesConvert
    PilatesConvert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I work at least full time (my husband calls me a work-a-holic...) and have a 12 week old son. That equates to very little sleep, big mood swings, making lots of mistakes at work, and generally being a bit of a zombie. But a zombie who eats healthy food and counts her steps! I will take any other new mom friends. This is hard!
  • jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    J'm a working mom to a 3month old and an almost 2 year old. Just went back to work beginning of May. It's hard to find time for working out! Everyone add me if you like :)
  • ReginaPhelangie
    ReginaPhelangie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    32 y/o mom of 3 littles... Ages 9 yrs, 7 yrs, & 7 months. Previously lost 50 lbs after baby no. 2, and trying to do it again!! Starting at 192 with a goal weight of 135-140 lbs. I'm a flight nurse in the Air National Guard & love to run! I've got 2 half marathons under my belt & hope to get back into it. I'd love to add some friends here for a little motivation & accountability. It's difficult trying to be a good mama, wife, have a career, and stay fit & healthy, but I've always felt my best when I've been more in shape. Also amy.way on Instagram. Thanks!!

I love to run too! I used to run miles a day in high school (more years ago than I like to admit) and just started the couch25k program. My 3 month goal is a 5k, 6 month goal a 10k and end of year goal a half marathon. Good luck!