Zero carb/carnivore ideas for bacon

Options
Dragonwolf
Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Okay, normally, I would just cook the bacon and eat it straight. However, the packs that I bought were cured with too much sugar. Hell, even my husband said they were too sweet for bacon.

They weren't cheap, so I want to use up the other pack that I have in some way, and I'd rather not feed it to the dogs.

I'm thinking it'll probably be good wrapped around cream cheese or something, but I don't really have any full recipe ideas. I figured before I go to Pinterest/Google, I'd see if anyone has any go-to recipes that they like for things like this.

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    NM, missed the zero bit ;)
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Crazy idea, but can you rinse it and have it come out less sweet?

We wrap chicken breasts in bacon & bake them.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    bacon wrapped chicken
    bacon wrapped salmon
    bacon wrapped cheese-burgers
    bacon wrapped havarti
    bacon wrapped fontina
    bacon wrapped (insert cheese here)
    bacon wrapped beef tenderloin
    bacon wrapped deviled egg
    omelette with bacon and cheese
    bacon wrapped pork chop
    bacon wrapped oysters
    bacon stuffed or wrapped olives

with bacon, the possibilities are endless
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Bacon wrapped bacon?

Bacon weave with lunch meat, mayo, and cheese in the middle?
  • Jennym93
    Jennym93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »

I agree with this, you could try rinsing or soaking in cold water over night to see if that helps, I think my parents do that with gammon as it's so salty, might work for something too sugary...maybe...
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Jennym93 wrote: »

I agree with this, you could try rinsing or soaking in cold water over night to see if that helps, I think my parents do that with gammon as it's so salty, might work for something too sugary...maybe...

I might do that, instead of trying to cover up the sugary flavor. Might still do something with cream cheese, though, since that still sounds good.
  • Twibbly
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Cook bacon. Mix with cream cheese. Stuff inside chicken & roll inside thin steak. Or, y'know, eat with pork rinds.
  • Jennym93
    Jennym93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cook bacon. Mix with cream cheese. Stuff inside chicken & roll inside thin steak. Or, y'know, eat with pork rinds.

OMG this is genius... I know what I'll be eating tomorrow :smiley:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I think you could do a type of parboil where you simmer the bacon in water for a bit, it should draw out the sugar, particularly if you dump some chunks of white potato in to soak up the stuff (then toss the potato...kind of like a color catcher in laundry...lol). Then wrap it around whatever. Bonus to this is it will take less time to crisp up and is easier to handle once it cools a tiny bit. :)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a couple of skinless hotdog sausages with bacon wound around them and baked in the oven. My partner looked at them on my plate and said "so, you're trying to tell me that's diet food?" like I was mad. Lol.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    Last night I had a couple of skinless hotdog sausages with bacon wound around them and baked in the oven. My partner looked at them on my plate and said "so, you're trying to tell me that's diet food?" like I was mad. Lol.

ha ha! yep. isn't it great!
  • EarthAmber
    EarthAmber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh! I saw someone do mini bacon weaves to make them roughly taco shell shaped and fill with taco meat.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It's a bacon laundry, I second rinsing it. Maybe grit it crumble it and add to any meals and veggies, stuff deviled eggs and avocado with it.