Just joined....Hi there

chelleanne71
chelleanne71 Posts: 10 Member
Hi there,

I just joined. I'm a recipe addict, so thought this would be a great group to join. I'm just looking to share recipes and see if I can find some good ones. I don't cook much right now, as I've been single for about a year, and just can not seem to be able to cook for just me,without having a ton of food left over. So single serve recipes would be wonderful if anyone has any laying around :-)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi

Replies

• sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    I don't have any recipes memorized, but a dish that is good for what your looking for is homemade burritos. You take a soft tortilla, about a quarter can of black beans, and some pulled chicken (if it is more convenient for you, I recommend tyson) add some seasoning, and enjoy!
  • brentopia
    brentopia Posts: 113 Member
    I just joined MFP recently... and joined this group a few minutes ago. chelleanne71, I know what you mean about hard to cook for a single - even worse if you're a lousy cook like me. So feel free to share some of your "recipe addict" concoctions! And sunnydays851, Thanks for the quick burrito idea :-)
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Hi...I am a recipe addict too. It's hard cooking for one and I never really achieved that once I became single again. One thing I would do is keep frozen chicken tenders around, heat a few, and add to a salad; and soups were always good and handy. I would love to share recipes with each other. :smile:
  • tazalla
    tazalla Posts: 7 Member
    I would suggest making a batch and freezing portions. Most thing with a sauce heat well in the microwave. Spag bol. cutrries. stews, soups slow cooked things
  • tazalla
    tazalla Posts: 7 Member
    ment to say curries lol
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    http://www.recipe.com/shrimp-with-warm-coleslaw/
    i tried this last night very good and can modify for one easily
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/36226758#Comment_36226758
    this is a site on mfp for bento's for lunch - about 200 pages of info - my lunches have been healthier and easier to make - you might like it - also look up bento on google - japaneese way of making lunch in a box for kids but it works for adults too.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    edited May 2016
    i am brand new to this group, but not MFP. my favorite recipe site is copymethat.com
  • jean_rennolds
    jean_rennolds Posts: 27 Member
    hi I'm new to this group. I was hoping to find some good healthy recipes that fit my budget as well as my wallet. I found one recipe and made ti last night and it was delicious but I don't remember where I found it and there were some minor steps not added and some of the nutrition facts were not added either.
    Simply Delicious Meatloaf & Gravy
    Servings: 6
    Prep Time: 15 Min.
    Cook Time: 65 Min.
    What you need:
    (click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
    + 1-1/2 lb. ground beef
    + 1/2 c. Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
    + 1 egg
    + 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom soup
    + 1/4 c. water
    What to do:
    1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Thoroughly mix the beef, bread crumbs and egg in a large bowl. Place the beef mixture into a 13x9x2-in. baking pan and shape firmly into an 8x4-in. loaf.
    2. Bake for 30 min. Spread 1/2 can soup over the meatloaf.
    3. Bake for 30 min. or until the meatloaf is cooked through. Let the meatloaf stand for 10 min. before slicing.
    4. Heat 2 Tbsp. pan drippings, remaining soup and water in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the gravy with the meatloaf.
    Nutritional information:
    Calories: 268; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 105mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 23g; Sodium: 503mg;