How Did You Do Today?

Options
2»

Replies

• poppycooo
    poppycooo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Had a terrible day at work today and just got in, dinner ha been missed, and cereal it is. My first bad day in two weeks, in terms of not eating 3 square meals, but still made healthier choices to rubbish and stayed way under my calorie goal plus two power walks of 7km in total. So I guess as far as bad days go it wasn't bad! Haha!
  • poppycooo
    Options
    Had a terrible day at work today and just got in, dinner ha been missed, and cereal it is. My first bad day in two weeks, in terms of not eating 3 square meals, but still made healthier choices to rubbish and stayed way under my calorie goal plus two power walks of 7km in total. So I guess as far as bad days go it wasn't bad! Haha!
  • LadyPinkMan
    LadyPinkMan Posts: 205 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Today is not going to be good. Have a team dinner tonight. Will try my best to escape the yummy and tempting food. But workout wise it was fantastic. 60 minutes of intense Zumba.. Sweat Like a pig!!! yayyiii B) .. I am having trouble meeting my protein goals given I don't eat meat. Any suggestions ??
  • hoppa321
    hoppa321 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    LadyPinkMan: For non-meat protein try peanut butter (or other nut butters), Greek yogurt, quinoa (I make either a salad or use in homemade granola bars), beans. I am currently in love with the chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bars which have 21 gr protein in only 190 calories. Good luck at your dinner tonight!
  • poppycooo
    Options
    Having a bit of a low day today in feeling that I'll never get there....

So I'm not that big, but also I'm not that small.

I really crave getting back to my pre pregnancy weight, or at least near to, but 23lbs feels like so much to lose! And I'm working so damn hard! It isn't that I'm particularly hungry or craving foods, or that I'm tired from the exercise, in fact I feel better than I have in years right now.... It just feels so far away!

I know there are no solutions and I will probably snap out of it tomorrow (it's been a terrible day at work) but I'm just putting it there.....!

Sorry for the downer :(
  • jpulp
    jpulp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You'll get there. Sounds like you know as well as I do that this is all mental. Say no to the cravings over and over and eating right becomes the habit. At least for me it's heading that way. I started with 79 pounds to lose and sitting with 53 left to go a few months later. Enjoying the journey, but get the frustration.
  • LadyPinkMan
    LadyPinkMan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    hoppa321 wrote: »
    LadyPinkMan: For non-meat protein try peanut butter (or other nut butters), Greek yogurt, quinoa (I make either a salad or use in homemade granola bars), beans. I am currently in love with the chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bars which have 21 gr protein in only 190 calories. Good luck at your dinner tonight!

Thanks a lot Hoppa321. I am definitely going to try out this new ideas. :):) .
    I have also recently discovered that roasted black gram flour drink gives you straight 20 gm of protein from 1 cup. At the same time its very tasty and good for the summers.
  • poppycooo
    Options
    Back on it now and feeling good again (not that I ever fell off but more that I was daunted by the long term goals!) long may the OOMPF remain!
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Losing steam. Tomorrow is a new day though.
  • poppycooo
    Options
    agartin wrote: »
    Losing steam. Tomorrow is a new day though.

Hope you are finding you momentum again today :) I made the silly mistake of going light on my diet today in order to have enough calories to afford a couple of glasses of prosecco with a friend..... *dizzy*