Week 1 newbies?

Options

Replies

• mjohnson1twenty
    mjohnson1twenty Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i'd like to say thank you to everyone for their support again. it's been great to see so many of you reaching your goals and cheering me to reach my own. it's greatly appreciated.

i finished week 1, day 2 today without any problems. i slowed my pace a bit and found it worked better for me overall. i was even able to walk more afterwards. happy running everyone... have a great evening~
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Everyone ~
    I just completed day 2 of week 1.
    Doing good. I was a little sore after finishing day 1 but soaked in the hot tub that evening helped. thinking of doing that again tonight. :)
    Hanging there everyone.
  • mjohnson1twenty
    Options
    Hi Everyone ~
    I just completed day 2 of week 1.
    Doing good. I was a little sore after finishing day 1 but soaked in the hot tub that evening helped. thinking of doing that again tonight. :)
    Hanging there everyone.

way to go grizziegriz~ keep up the great work. soaking in the tub does sound nice. i might have to try that sometime after a workout.
  • laqueshabattle7
    laqueshabattle7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just finished w1d2 feeling awesome!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wish I had a hot tub...
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    The only thing I miss about the house I left in Texas is the jacuzzi tub. I only have a shower now.
    :'(
  • grizziegriz
    Options
    For the longest time we couldn't decide if we should get a hot tub but now that we have one I can't believe it took us so long to get one. :p
  • lddfsu
    lddfsu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1. I never liked running, but I don't seem to mind it so far. My only problem is that I've lost 14 pounds in the past 2 months and my tank top straps keep falling down when I start running! I guess there are much worse problems to have!
  • grizziegriz
    Options
    Just finished day 3 of week 1.
    I feel good. My muscles were not as sore like the first day. Looking forward to week 2.
  • mjohnson1twenty
    Options
    finished week 1, day 3 and looking forward to week 2.
  • Brans34
    Options
    lddfsu wrote: »
    I just finished week 1. I never liked running, but I don't seem to mind it so far. My only problem is that I've lost 14 pounds in the past 2 months and my tank top straps keep falling down when I start running! I guess there are much worse problems to have!

Lol. I was just thinking almost the same thing! I just finally four sports bra that not only fit AND kept the girls from flyin all over the place, then I lost a bunch of weight, and now it doesn't fit. Its both a sad thing and a great thing! Lol
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    lddfsu wrote: »

Lol. I was just thinking almost the same thing! I just finally four sports bra that not only fit AND kept the girls from flyin all over the place, then I lost a bunch of weight, and now it doesn't fit. Its both a sad thing and a great thing! Lol

Saw your post and thought of this, thanks Romy ;)

qgHx4sS.jpg

Have a great day
  • Brans34
    Options
    LMAO! That's great!

Luckily, mine will just be a decent size when I get to my goal weight, not disappear completely. Yet another reason for me to lose weight! Lol
  • BikiniBod2015
    BikiniBod2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 complete
    Short of breath at times but I pushed myself during the runs and made the most of the walks, really enjoyed it, looking forward to day 2, I think I'd like to do it more than 3 times a week though, does anyone else do this, if so do you do repeats on week 1, or push on to week 2?
    I'll prob feel different in the morning when I can't walk! Lol
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    If you are short of breath so are probably running too fast. In you may think you are already slow, trust me you can go slower and should. This is a beginner programme designed to get you on your feet and your muscles working differently. The rest days are when you get stronger, if you run on your rest days, although psychologically you may feel better, in reality you are weakening your running strength. Stay with the 3 day a week programme, being able to talk on the run segments, runday, restday, runday, restday, runday, restday , restday. You will complete in 8 weeks and then you can run your heart out as often as you want. It is a tried and tested programme, why mess with it. Good luck on your journey
  • BikiniBod2015
    Options
    Thanks Robbie that was just the kind of advice I was looking for, I'm also a smoker (I don't want to be) its my goal to quit as I know this doesn't help with the breathing along with other possible health problems
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 1, Day 2 yesterday! I am a big girl...taking it slow and really am so proud of myself. I am going to take part in a Foam Fest Run at the end of June and I don't want to die!! ;)
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie... Did day 1 week 1 last night. Been going to the gym for the last few weeks, doing a warm up on the treadmill (incline and fast walk) And then doing the weight machines to build my strength. My 13 yo daughter wants us to do the race for life in July so i should have enough time to learn how to run for 30 mins...... also have about 15 or so lbs to lose...
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! I keep starting, get through a strong start, but then lapse. Here's to finishing this time! Up to the start of week 2 - starter gun goes off on Friday!
  • BikiniBod2015
    Options
    W1 D2 complete I'm feeling really good about this, can't wait to get out again