Replies

• Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Not right now but I've done one. :smile:
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I've done a whole15 before lol. Then got sidetracked by camping food (smores, hot dogs, chips). Argh!
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I plan to do round 2 in May, after the May long weekend. I start my CSA veggie delivery around then and have no big social functions planned for June so the timing works for me!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm really interested in trying a Whole30 but my mom is visiting in May from Canada and I've promised to take her out for cream tea & sticky toffee pudding. Maybe in June I'll give it a go.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just did one in March and want to do another one in May. Want to start one May 1st?
  • SharonLoving50
    SharonLoving50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am interested but it will be June I think - crazy moving house and a dozen weddings right now.
  • 4bigeasy
    4bigeasy Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i started one earlier this month. i'm on day 10 and feeling great! headache and foggy head the first 3 days or so, but now lots of energy and clear thinking.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I just did one in March and want to do another one in May. Want to start one May 1st?

I'm in
  • kmbweber2014
    Options
    Awesome. Anyone else interested in starting May 1st? AngInCanada, want to start a small private group or something?
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    I'm really interested in trying a Whole30 but my mom is visiting in May from Canada and I've promised to take her out for cream tea & sticky toffee pudding. Maybe in June I'll give it a go.

Can I go? lmao

I'm in for a May 1 Whole30!
  • pope705
    Options
    I'm up for June 1st if that's the direction we go. My CSA veggies will be starting right around then too!
  • kmbweber2014
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How about I start a group for May 1, I can keep it open through June? We can post recipes, meal ideas, and updates. The people that start in June will have a good start of ideas and recipes. You guys can add anyone interested.
  • kmbweber2014
    Options
    I created the group and added everyone interested. Here is the link in case you didn't get the invite: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105519-whole30-may-june-2015
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been considering it!
  • bluejay390
    bluejay390 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking of starting a Whole30 in May because right now I'm still not completely Paleo though I am working on it (potatoes are surprisingly hard for me to get rid of).
  • pope705
    Options
    Potatoes are allowed on Whole30 both sweet and white.

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    On Whole30, white potatoes are now "approved"? Wow, I can see that leading to poor results for many people.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    On Whole30, white potatoes are now "approved"? Wow, I can see that leading to poor results for many people.
    I think it was the Hartwigs that brought white potatoes out of the closet last year. Always with the word of caution "if you are at a healthy weight".

• pope705
    Options
    And also with the warning that you can't make french fries with them, or use butter in your mashed potatoes (ghee is ok). I personally find them terribly bland after discovering sweet potatoes and then further discovering all the wonderful veggies that awaited (roasted broccoli is the bomb!). Hubby doesn't miss them either, whole30 or not. And he is very much a meat and "potatoes" (starch) kind of guy.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I think the advice that potatoes are ok on Whole30 will be a disservice for most people in need of doing a Whole30. Most definitely that is personal choice though. What's the difference if they are fries fried in tallow? Basically people who have issues with fries, like myself, would be wise to avoid potatoes entirely.