Food Tips

Options
balm1982
balm1982 Posts: 12 Member
So wanted to start this one for food tips.

Tonight I had the mac and cheese and didn't like it. I have one more of those and one of the mach and cheese with beef. Plus in my next order I have two more coming. Ugg. Wish I tried them before my next order had gone through.

Any tips to make it better. I know mac and cheese by kraft in the States is different then ours in Canada (known as Kraft Dinner). So I don't know if that has to do with why I don't like it. Maybe it's closer to the States one then Canada's?

Replies

• linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I grew to like it - and no it's not Kraft like. Not imo. I add a little hotsauce and pour it over green beans. I actually like the one with beef better then the other.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I add broccoli to mine. I am not fond of it either, but I just eat it fast to get it over with. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    balm1982 wrote: »

Tonight I had the mac and cheese and didn't like it. I have one more of those and one of the mach and cheese with beef. Plus in my next order I have two more coming. Ugg. Wish I tried them before my next order had gone through.

Any tips to make it better. I know mac and cheese by kraft in the States is different then ours in Canada (known as Kraft Dinner). So I don't know if that has to do with why I don't like it. Maybe it's closer to the States one then Canada's?

i found a recipe on the NS site that i tweaked a bit... i'll eat mac and cheese but it's not something i'd eat if given options. this seems to make it rather tasty though and i actually buy one a month now for this recipe....

i cook the mac and cheese as directed then move it to an oven safe bowl.then add a PF worth of imitation crab meat cut up into small pieces, a limited extra worth of ff/lf cheese, top with a serving of panko breadcrumbs. spray a bit of pam on the bread crumbs then broil in the oven until the breadcrumbs start to brown.

uses up two limited extras but makes it MUCH better IMO and rather filling too :)

~kel
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I add cut up ham and a cheddar cheese stick and put it all in the crock pot for about 2 to 3 hours. When done it taste to me pretty much like the mac and cheese I grew up on. I usually have a nice salad with it and I am good till snack time. I order 3 to 4 of them each month. Just don't eat this the night before weigh in.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

i found a recipe on the NS site that i tweaked a bit... i'll eat mac and cheese but it's not something i'd eat if given options. this seems to make it rather tasty though and i actually buy one a month now for this recipe....

i cook the mac and cheese as directed then move it to an oven safe bowl.then add a PF worth of imitation crab meat cut up into small pieces, a limited extra worth of ff/lf cheese, top with a serving of panko breadcrumbs. spray a bit of pam on the bread crumbs then broil in the oven until the breadcrumbs start to brown.

uses up two limited extras but makes it MUCH better IMO and rather filling too :)

~kel

I like the idea of the panko breadcrumbs and broiling under the oven. I will have to try that next time I make this but will stay with my ham and cheddar cheese stick instead of the crab meat. I like crab meat just doesn't appeal to me in mac and cheese. Thanks for the idea.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    The panko breadcrumbs sounds good. I think I will try it this week. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

Hi
    As was mentioned I like the mac & Cheese with Beef better. However You can try adding a Limited Extra of Real Bacon Bits for taste. The Hormel is 25 calories for a Tbsp so You could go slightly over if needed for taste. Bacon & Cheese, Yummy to me.

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png