Does anyone want to do a May Exercise Challenge?

Options
deedee8102
deedee8102 Posts: 16 Member
Hi Everyone:
I was wondering if anyone would be up for doing a May Exercise Challenge. Like doing cardio for 5 days out of the week for 30-40 minutes a day or something similar.

Replies

• NJbabe
    NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :) I'm starting to go to the pool on Friday...
  • deedee8102
    Options
    Yes, Awesome!! So, do you think the group should have a dedicated thread in the group specifically for entering their activity?
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    I would be in. It's hard to do 5 days a week 30 minutes a day though. Between school and work, I have to cherry pick my days. I would think others might have a similar problem. I would suggest switching the requirements to 3-4 days a week and a total of 140 minutes (roughly 20 minutes a day). I know that would be more reasonable for me as I often do 20 minutes every other day M-Thurs, then do 40-80 minutes Fri-Sun.

As far as how to go about it. I would make a google document in a seperate thread within this group that everyone would enter their activity in. I am currently in 2 other challenges. One is a exercise and diet challenge that runs 10 weeks and the other is a 15lb loss challenge by July 4th. Both use google docs and it seems to work really well.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    If you want I can set up the Google doc. I'm heading up a challenge and using it for that. I would be in for it as well. What about people dedicating how much time they are going to do each week? This would allow each person to tailor it to his or her schedule and fitness level.
  • deedee8102
    Options
    Hi Etherlily1, that would be great. I did do one but I can use that for something else I was thinking of. The tailoring sounds like a good idea since I know life and schedules do happen. Do you think you could have it posted by May 1st to begin the challenge? Again, thank you so much and thanks to everyone for input and the excitement and motivation this is wonderful!!
  • NJbabe
    NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing and using it. :) Thanks, Etherlily!
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Your wish is my command. ;) Here it is. I toyed with the idea of a couple of column separated for cardio, strength, and miles and the such, but it would require a separate sign-up sheet for who is joining in, to add each person in with their own section on the sheet. So, this one is a bit more generic with it broken down by week dedication goals instead of an entire month's worth at a time. Obviously, a person can keep the same goal week from week, but it'll keep a running total of a week's result and a monthly total as well. If you want something different, just let me know and I'll adjust it.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SLQoS1SjME1JerjQjAGXE68xS08pzCGX17WdD728oVg/edit?usp=sharing
  • deedee8102
    Options
    Etherlily1, YOUR AMAZING!! Thank you so much!! This is great!! I'm so excited. I've struggled with my weight all my years. And this time, I feel and I know, this is my YEAR!! This is OUR YEAR!! We have to continue to support and motivate and be there for each other!! I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone here. I've gotten more support here than I have in a really long time and it's much appreciated!! o:)
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    You're welcome. It is my pleasure. I agree. This is going to be our year! It's gonna happen this year!
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Completely agree. Been failing diets for a decade now. Never had the appropriate mind set or will power. This year is different. I'm on day 46, no cheat days, no slip ups, been under every day and lost 31 pounds so far!! We can do this!