Can't stop thinking about CARBS

Options
auntstephie321
auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
This is the first day since I've started that I can't stop thinking about carbs, like quinoa, burritos, toast with jelly and butter, etc...

What is going on? I have had no problems till today really with even thinking about those foods.
:(

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It's all mental, tell your brain to shut it!
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That's what I call a craving, and I only get those if I've inadvertently gone off my plan. Check your labels, consider if you added a new tea or (if using) a new to you artificial sweetener, cold meds etc. You'd be surprised where they pop in sugars/carbs.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Getting enough calories? Your diary looks like you're coming up a bit short. Your body is trying to tell you to eat something!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not done for today, I don't trust the number mfp gives me for calories so I stay under it usually. Somedays I'm more active than others so I try to adjust.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I feel the same way today. I have a really bad cold and dairy and meat sound disgusting to me right now. I just want toast and orange juice.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Now my bf wants to go to an Italian place for dinner tomorrow, I don't even know what to order there. Gonna be a real test for me.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Order a new bf. :)
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Some sorta meatball thing?
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @wabmester Lol we got a gift certificate for Christmas but he was sick for four months so we kept putting it off. I figure I'll have to bite the bullet eventually.

@minties82 they probably out bread crumbs in the meatballs. They have an eggplant dish that sounds good but I don't know if they put sugar in their sauce
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Maybe chicken Marsala and ask for broccoli instead of pasta?
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    You can normally get some kind of chicken, fish, or steak, plus veggie at most Italian restaurants.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Definitely no pasta, it kinda makes it easier that my throat swells when I eat wheat, it's a lot easier to not eat it. It's gonna be hard to know the carb counts, I really don't want to get out of keto and go through keto flu again, I'm still getting adjusted :(

plus we got a gift cert for hello fresh which will be delivered Thursday, I made good picks but will have to leave out some of the stuff, still gonna be iffy on the carb counts.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Do they have a menu online you can check? Italian places should have a lot of fish and meat, I always ask for meat without any kind of sauce and just add butter and veggies.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    itcphotog wrote: »
    Do they have a menu online you can check? Italian places should have a lot of fish and meat, I always ask for meat without any kind of sauce and just add butter and veggies.

Yeah I was just checking it out, they have some good looking seafood options. Not used to going for Italian and not getting pasta lol, I hardly ever looked at the rest of the menu before
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I think I did ok at dinner, I tried to log as best I could but things don't really match up exactly. I think I'm over my 40g of carbs, but just barely.

On the plus side my mental obsessing over carby stuff had seemed to pass.