Lunch Warmer Croc-Pot

Options

Replies

• MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    grmshelle wrote: »
    Just got my little crock pot by Hamilton Beach. The cord is short but the pot removes to clean easy. I'll be trying out tomorrow.
    Is it a lunch warmer or a crock pot?
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's a little 16oz warmer, just the cutest darn thing. The top is ceramic like the pot.
  • MsDimeo
    Options
    Sounds adorable!
  • Beach949RN
    Beach949RN Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a small crock pot to cook for myself since the kids are now all out of the house. Is the 16 oz. one about right. Amazon? TU!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    16 oz might be too small, Beach949RN. The lunch crock (warmer) I have is 20 oz and perfect size for the NS food and adding veggies.
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    16 oz might be too small, Beach949RN. The lunch crock (warmer) I have is 20 oz and perfect size for the NS food and adding veggies.

What a fabulous list Nightingale!! Thanks!!

• garnetbutterfly131
    garnetbutterfly131 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome list, Nightengale!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    You are welcome, patty and garnetbutterfly131.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    That's exactly like the one I have except it is red, garnetbutterfly.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    Kung Poa Noodles - definitely NOT my favorite. So of course NS substituted and sent me 2 this month. Go figure!
    However, I fixed a different concoction for lunch in my crock and OMG - so yummy

Kung Poa Noodles - (I fixed as per instructions in microwave)
    Dumped into crock pot and added:
    1/3 cup canned chicken
    Red Bell Pepper and Onion
    1 Tablespoon chopped green chilies.

Seriously good!!

This sounds like a good idea, Peggy. I am going to try that.

• fourof5
    fourof5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the list - it is now a document in my NS file on my computer !!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    You are welcome, fourof5.

I'm wondering how to "doctor up" the meatloaf and mashed potatoes entree? It's really bland, but I liked it (I know a lot do not). I know someone added turkey, celery, onions, and peppers (in the list). I might try that, but w/o the turkey.
  • MsDimeo
    Options
    Got my lunch warmer from crock pot web site. 19.99
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Kung Poa Noodles - definitely NOT my favorite. So of course NS substituted and sent me 2 this month. Go figure!
    However, I fixed a different concoction for lunch in my crock and OMG - so yummy

Dumped into crock pot and added:
    1/3 cup canned chicken
    Red Bell Pepper and Onion
    1 Tablespoon chopped green chilies.

Seriously good!!

I snagged this one for my lists too --- thanks Peggy :)
  • Nightingale2200
    edited April 2015
    Options

Peggy, wanted to add to this. You don't have to prepare the container in the microwave at all. Just remove the lid, take out the packet, add water to the fill line (you can add low sodium broth if you like). Then dump the container of liquid/noodles in the lunch crock, break up the noodles, add your veggies. Noodles are tender within minutes and you can warm all morning if you want. I put mine on around 9ish and eat around noonish.

This was very good. Adding chicken was a great idea. Thanks again for this.

Oh, btw ... I thought I was really good at judging how much ounces, grams, cups, etc., were. Boy, was I wrong. I purchased a food scale and has made all the difference in the world with the correct measurements of everything I put in my body and correlates with my plan.

• princessm928
    princessm928 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love how mixed we all are, my fav lunch is the kung pao noodle and the muligrain rice pilaf. That mexican tortilla soup r whatever it is I seriously had to plug my nose to finish. The next one I added less water and ate it as a dip with the nacho tortilla chips which I also dont like. So funny how we all differ. Thansk for htis post.
  • Beach949RN
    Options

Thank you, nightingale. I'll look for the 20 oz one.
  • Beach949RN
    Options

Thank you too, Garnet. Looks like the variance in prices on Amazon is only because of the color.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    You're welcome, Beach. :) What color are you gonna get? I guess I should have purchased one that went with my kitchen colors, black/white, but I got red and it matches my microwave grill. LOL!