foods you didn't think had carbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• mr21mr21
    mr21mr21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Serious question: Is 0.4 carb in one egg really an issue? I love the low carb way of eating and am very happy with the results so far but I never want to get to that point.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I have eaten a dozen egg scramble. That's a whole 4.32-5.44 grams of carbs. It is also a ridiculous amount of eggs. Seriously, if the egg carbs are throwing you out, then you have way too many carbs from other sources as well.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    mr21mr21 wrote: »
    Serious question: Is 0.4 carb in one egg really an issue? I love the low carb way of eating and am very happy with the results so far but I never want to get to that point.

I count eggs as 1 carb for every 2 eggs. I just keep it in my carb count for the day
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    mr21mr21 wrote: »

I rarely make less than 3 at a time. If I said "oh whatever" to every 1 carb item, they'd eventually add up to half my carbs for the day being "oh whatevered."
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 or 6 eggs most days for breakfast, and I put salsa and some cream cheese on them too, I don't hesitate to use Worcestershire sauce, quite probably in amounts bigger than a serving size (it replaced a very bad ketchup habit). That and some peanut butter in my chia seed pudding that I make every evening. I recently switched from JIF to a no sugar added brand though, so that's cut a few grams a day out. Pretty much all of my carbs come that way. Maybe if you're doing that and making a meal that is like 20g carbs its not good, but when that's 100% of your carbs its really, really hard to get it to add up to a problem.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that plain greek yogurt had the carb count that it does :(
  • VartorTheBarbarian_
    Options
    GiGiBeans wrote: »
    april731 wrote: »
    I was pretty shocked as well to learn that shellfish in general has a relatively high carb count.

I was looking at Starbucks nutritional info on their website today and it said that a grande iced Americano has 3g of carbs. Not sure why? It's espresso, water and ice. No milk or sweetener.

Coffee & espresso has carbs. .7 carbs per 6 ounces.

Now that is good to know. Thanks.