Fat-Head is now Protein-Head

Options
wabmester
wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
Good article from the star of the Fat-Head movie:
http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2015/04/16/yes-its-a-high-protein-diet/

I admit it: I eat a high-protein diet. Not just low-carb, and not just high-fat. It’s high protein.

I thought I should make a public confession because every time some dunce in the media opines that the “high-protein Atkins diet” will kill you, low-carbers around the world jump up and down and yell, “It’s not high protein! It’s high fat!”

Speak for yourself.

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    That's an interesting article thanks - I do struggle to keep my protein down, maybe I should relax.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Eh, seems like he has a similar definition of "high protein" as those media articles, which is to say, a very low threshold. His "high protein" is 150g, or roughly 30% of his calories, which still leaves 60% of his calories coming from fat.

I can't find any information on his height and he says he doesn't know his weight, but from what I can tell, he's probably within a couple inches of 6-foot (probably the south side), and is probably around 170-190 (based on his reaction to the scale saying he was 206). As a male with a normal/healthy amount of body fat (not super ripped, but not a lot of excess, either), 150g is still pretty reasonably within what most of us would consider "adequate" or "moderate" protein, especially since things like the keto calculator recommend protein amounts that typically fall in the 20-30% range. He even mentioned that the Inuit consume nearly 100g more than he does. So...yeah...

I do love that Tom ripped that Charles guy in the comments a new one for the ad hominem attack against Jimmy Moore, though. :) (Apparently, that's the only reason Charles posts.)
  • TribalmamaEmily
    TribalmamaEmily Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes interesting article indeed, thanks for sharing.

I am still trying to find the right amount of protein for me. And as one becomes leaner i personally feel protein should slightly increase in order to maintain muscle.

I would like to note as a woman, it is constantly changing for those child bearing... when i am pregnant and producing plenty of HCG i have no problem achieving optimal health and goal weights, with little effort (once one can get passed the cravings). However the longer i am post-partum i have found the harder it becomes to maintain that optimal state. (Which is why a lot of women turn to HCG diets.) There are so many hormonal factors here, such as exclusive breast feeding and now a production of prolactin that makes it hard for a "blueprint to success".
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    I do love that Tom ripped that Charles guy in the comments a new one for the ad hominem attack against Jimmy Moore, though. :) (Apparently, that's the only reason Charles posts.)

I didn't read all the comments the first time. Wow! That was better than the article. :)