Seattle Color Run 5k Discount Code

Options
bassett8807
bassett8807 Posts: 96 Member
Join me at the Seattle Color Run 5k May 10, use discount code SEATTLE5 and join team Rainbow Bright for a $10 total savings! http://thecolorrun.com/seattle/

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I thought they went bankrupt? Anyway, run local. Peace.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I thought they went bankrupt? Anyway, run local. Peace.

#runlocal
    One of this for-profit races caused a local race here in Maine to get canceled.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i feel like color runs are for walkers.

I "ran" it as my first 5k and it was miserable. I was so annoyed by all the walking people...and color....
  • 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I told my wife & daughter that if they wanted to do a color run I'd sit out by the driveway and throw crap at them every time they went around the block. I've never understood the allure of people dusting you with crap while running.
  • veganbettie
    Options
    it was kind of neat. but maybe more of a fun thing to do with a group of friends, not really a running thing for me.
  • teacton11
    teacton11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for a marketing genius to put together a glow run with colored mud obstacles and name it something badass sounding like 'Black Ops training super amazing run"......and they will give out black tutus at the start bc they are so badass that you should bring all your bestie girlfriends...
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options

I "ran" it as my first 5k and it was miserable. I was so annoyed by all the walking people...and color....

I agree.

Also the Color Run I did last summer was only 3.25km.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Join me at the Seattle Color Run 5k May 10, use discount code SEATTLE5 and join team Rainbow Bright for a $10 total savings! http://thecolorrun.com/seattle/

$55 per person? Gah!
  • veganbettie
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

$55 per person? Gah!

but you get a rainbow headband!!!!! Come on now!!!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options

If you aren't at the VERY front, it is a miserable effort in playing human slalom if you plan to actually run.

If you do get to the very front and run it though... you will be doused in 15 lbs of dye by the end. The volunteers are fresh, you are alone on the course, and they have a full bucket of dye.
  • teacton11
    Options

If you aren't at the VERY front, it is a miserable effort in playing human slalom if you plan to actually run.

If you do get to the very front and run it though... you will be doused in 15 lbs of dye by the end. The volunteers are fresh, you are alone on the course, and they have a full bucket of dye.

Why would you run a "for profit" 55 buck 5k? You are paying like 18 bucks for every mile you run. Unless there is some huge prize money then you'd catch me in the back, shotgunning beers, cart wheeling my drunk *kitten* to the finish line just in time to not get hit by the race street sweeper.
  • The_Enginerd
    Options
    teacton11 wrote: »

Why would you run a "for profit" 55 buck 5k? You are paying like 18 bucks for every mile you run. Unless there is some huge prize money then you'd catch me in the back, shotgunning beers, cart wheeling my drunk *kitten* to the finish line just in time to not get hit by the race street sweeper.

We all started somewhere ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

I'd start somewhere cheaper where you'd actually have room to move and not get crap thrown at you
  • teacton11
    Options

no

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

I'd start somewhere cheaper where you'd actually have room to move and not get crap thrown at you

Something like a run in the park tomorrow morning.... for free.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

Something like a run in the park tomorrow morning.... for free.

That or my first 5k was local and the money went towards a kids camp.
    #runlocal
  • veganbettie
    Options
    I'm still a new runner so I had no idea about the whole run local thing. So I ran the color run. Hell the Spartan I ran isn't much better (but that actually was fun).

I think it's one of those, you know better you do better. It wasn't even something that crossed my mind until this group. So thanks guys!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Still waiting for a marketing genius to put together a glow run with colored mud obstacles and name it something badass sounding like 'Black Ops training super amazing run"......and they will give out black tutus at the start bc they are so badass that you should bring all your bestie girlfriends...

GENIUS. I did a Glo-run last summer for a coworker fitness thing, and it was awful. No one local mapped it out, so the course had to be rerouted at the last minute due to construction, and it was partially over grass (in the dark!) and partially on a road with potholes & NO streetlights. I started toward the back and ended up one of the first 25 finishers, and I was only doing like 9:20 miles since I'd run 18 that morning. NEVER AGAIN, not even for the sake of coworker bonding time.

But a color run? At least you can see where you're going! Until you get chalk dust in your eyes...
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

$55 per person? Gah!

f'k me, that's more expensive than the marathon I'm planning on running in October
  • The_Enginerd
    Options

$55 per person? Gah!

f'k me, that's more expensive than the marathon I'm planning on running in October
    Where the hell are you marathons that cheap?! Everything I see is in the $100-$150 range. Well, I've seen some that are cheaper, but they do not look well supported.