April 29

Options
ronercat
ronercat Posts: 273 Member
Hello all!

How has everyone's week been going so far? Mine has been pretty swell. I purchased a fitbit last week and I have been enjoying getting used to it and seeing all that it tracks. Last night I was finally able to see how much I actually was running during basketball. turns out I run about 5 miles during a two hour stretch. It made me feel better about being tired and sore after haha. I am hoping to get some racquetball in tonight after I take care of a few things, but we will see what happens.

Replies

• NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

My week has been great! Busybusy still. Monday I met up with a good friend after work, yesterday was my last! class! ever! (for undergrad, at least), tonight is an awards ceremony, and tomorrow is a happy hour for my boss who is leaving the organization. I haven't gotten home before 10 pm the past couple of nights, and probably won't get home much earlier than that tonight. Thursday night, though, is my time to hit the gym again. I've been lenient on myself in terms of getting up early to go before work, but I'm planning to get back into that habit as well.

What's your fitbit thingy?! Mine is https://www.fitbit.com/user/2PQ9XR -- you can see how badly I've been slacking!

With the nice weather today and a slightly lighter workload, I think I'll get out for a walk at lunch, and then since my husband (!) is coming to the awards thing tonight, we can walk home together, which is about 2.2 miles. I will hit my goal today.

That's amazing about basketball - wow! I'm excited to see what else you learn from this new data at your disposal!
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here is my fitbit whatsit. https://www.fitbit.com/user/3D74DD Seeing yours will give me some added motivation for sure haha. Maybe one of these days I will reach 20k steps.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have too much exciting to report. I did hold a plank today again for one minute. Whew!!

Attended a one day conference on Domestic Violence and Child and Elder Abuse (and yes it certainly is happening over here....at least it is coming out of the closet and getting reported more and more). (BTW....I am in the healthcare profession....and the conference was held at my facility so it was geared to the healthcare professionals). That sure was an eye opener. Many outspoken physician speakers from Jordan and Egypt and here too, and they are very passionate about these issues. Was happy to hear them classify 'young boys at the age of 12 -14 yrs of age who are driving cars, products of child neglect!!! I know they usually drive because they may be the eldest and their mom's need to go to the store and the father is at work and they have no driver...so the young boys drive!! (Remember, women are not allowed to drive here!)

Happy to hear Zac that you got your fitbit!! Enjoy it!! I was interested in looking at how much sleep I was NOT getting!!! Norah....Hope your award ceremony goes well for you!! You deserve it after all the work and effort you put into getting your school done AND planning a wedding AND losing weight AND holding down a job!! Good on you!!!

Karen....swim those laps!!! Everybody else...hope you are all keeping well!!
    Nancy

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, really busy week here with just enough snafu's to make me insane! Seriously, when I get a minute, I'll write. For now, sending big hugs and Woohooo!
    K.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Can TOTALLY relate Karen!! Hang in there!! :-)