Planning speeding up

Options
QuilterGirl3
QuilterGirl3 Posts: 99 Member
In the next three weeks, I will complete my labs, EKG, psych evaluation and second of three required education courses for RNY. I should have everything ready to submit by the end of May, two weeks ahead of my final class. I feel like things are moving more quickly now .This surgery feels more like a reality. That's a good thing.

Replies

• jo_annem123
    jo_annem123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, this will change your life.
  • dragonflies6
    dragonflies6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are in the same boat. We have everything done except the psych evaluation which he has next week. I will have mine next month. Everything is going smoothly and it kinda makes me a little impatient. My husband has to wait until the end of June to have his surgery because of some swim meets my daughters have prior to that and then I have to wait until August because I want him healed before I have mine. So I feel like I'm doing all I'm supposed to do and then I'll just have to wait.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Use the time to really hit your pre-op plan hard! I started the same process about this time last year (April 15th was my first orientation meeting). I realized that with all I had to lose, I had to get as much off as I could prior to surgery to hopefully hit goal durning the 6-9 month post-surgery honeymoon period.

I was more successful than I would have imagined, and hit the surgery date in the best shape I had been in a long time, down a bunch of weight and only 80 left to lose. I am convinced that my pre-op work helped make the surgery less taxing physically, the habits I had ingrained made the post-op plan less foreign, etc.

In the big picture, anything you can do to prepare before will only help after. Don't think of it as waiting! I also delayed my surgery to fit in with end of summer travel plans but use that extra time. In hindsight I mark my time less by my surgery date and more buy the start of the whole process.

I hit my goal weight (180 pounds lost) one year to the day after I started (April 15th).

Rob