Leslie Sansone May 2015 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

May is right around the corner.... in fact in just a few days! And time to start a another new monthly challenge! Surely beautiful flowers and spring are finally here! You know.... April showers bringing all of those May flowers that we mentioned last month. Hopefully we shall have some extra sunshine to brighten our days, as well as our outdoor walks B)

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Because of the warmer weather walking or hiking outdoors will be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors. Especially after the long winter or extra rain we just had.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get our water... and we will begin to walk into May of 2015!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    I'm in for May. Ready to rock and roll! I focused on strength in April. I think it's time to switch things up and commit to doing both each week.

"Keep walking, keep walking!" Gotta love Leslie! o:)
  • lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm sure ready for some May flowers with pleasant sunshine.
    May is going to be a busy month so I'm aiming for 40 miles.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've been walking to Leslies Party Hits a lot lately. In May I want to burn over 500 calories each day using my fitbit and Leslies walks when needed.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am in for May too! I am aiming for 100 miles. Walk strong and walk proud friends.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm in for May, especially now that this dreadful semester is over and I have a much lighter spring load. I am not sure what goal to set though, so I am just going to say 100 and be surprised if I walk over it!

May 100 miles :bigsmile:
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am not giving up, I will shoot for 40 miles this month.
  • zichab
    Options

Yea!!! bgoddess is back among us and going for 40!!! :drinker: Woo Hoo!!! This is your own goal and if you make it great, if not "oh Well-there is always next month" and we will still support you. We are excited that you are back!!!
    Brenda :bigsmile:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options

:):):)

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    7/100 I went golfing this afternoon with my sister. 27 holes and 7 miles. I am exhausted.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I'm in For May also :) . My goal is to work out or walk at least 5 x a week.

Friday (May 1st) 3 miles from the U5DWP DVD.

3 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise, including strength.

May goal: is to workout or walk at least 5 x a week..

So far: 3 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 0 minutes "other" forms of exercise.

:flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    May 1 2 MIles
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    10/100 Completed 3 more miles this morning.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Haha you two are too funny.
    Went to the outlets today didn't buy anything but managed to walk, at least a half mile. 5/2
    .50/40
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Saturday (May 2nd) 4 Mile Super Challenge (Express series).

4 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

May goal: is to workout or walk at least 5 x a week..

So far: 7 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

:flowerforyou:
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hey gals! My challenge is to walk 100 miles this month, indoors and/or outdoors. I currently walk at least 30/minutes indoors during the work week. I take two 15-minute walks at work plus take my two dogs for a 20-minute jaunt around the neighborhood after work, weather-permitting. I think I'm going to start adding in a short Leslie DVD in the mornings too. (Some mornings it is just nice to lay in bed while my husband is getting ready, but exercising in the AM does help me to be more alert at work.)
  • zichab
    Options
    May 100 miles

5/1 Vivofit Tracked 3.6 miles
    5/2 Vivofit Tracked 3.3 miles=6.9 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • cmisbell
    cmisbell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 30 min 3x a week, which is a lot for me! I abhor exercise, but I let my weight go over the last 9 mos or so, and I can't get into my summer clothes. That's a problem.

May 1:

3 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

May goal: is to workout or walk at least 3 x a week..

So far: 3 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    13/100 Another 3 miles at the park this afternoon.
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am going to aim for 50 miles this month. I know I will be spending a lot of time in front of the computer because I am trying to finish up an online class but I will use my pedometer on my phone and track every step. It may be Leslie dvds, outside walks, or just walking around in general. But anyway this month every step will count toward my goal.

2.2 miles on 05/01/15
    1.8 miles on 05/02/15

Total 4/50

2793411.png
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    So far so good.
    Fitbit steps recorded below - 2 days of Leslie dvds and 2 days on the weekend river and beach walking
    May 1 3970
    May 2 18924
    May 3 12839
    May 4 12797

I really appreciate leslies dvds on work days when I dont get many steps in until night time.