Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, April 27th - May 3rd

Options
2»

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    last night i ate normal person servings of food 1/2 cup each of noodles ground beef and veggies plus a side salad, today i am very hungy, i know its shrinking pains i need to make my tummy smaller but being good isnt easy! But my fasting morning sugar was 8.6, not 10 something! Thats my morning kick start! I have not lost weight in a month so this is going to be my week!

So far nothing to post on the mini goal but i know that will change later!

Have a great day everyone
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I rarely imbibe in alcohol but it's testing season and the weather is really nice ... ugh it has been a tough week trying to motivate students. I am having a margarita with supper (within my calorie count still), listening to classical music and soaking up some stress-free sunshine.

HLaR79: so glad your numbers are in a better range! I remember when I got serious about changing how I eat, I struggled with first knowing what true hunger even felt like. It seemed so much more uncomfortable than it does now. I got addicted to my homemade instant oatmeal which is just cooking old fashioned oats in the microwave with some dried cranberries and a few chopped walnuts and cinnamon. It satisfied that morning hunger and comforted me at the same time.
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thursday's are so long at work. Or at least they feel really long, because they start at 10 am, which means I really don't have time to do a lot between getting the kids off to school and getting ready and leaving for work. A little housework, some blogging and email catchup - but I have to watch the time so I don't get sucked into the Internet!

And then home around 5, make dinner, eat dinner, start working out.

Today I am very proud of myself for not giving in to that voice that said, "you don't want to cook tonight. Go for sushi. It's totally within your calorie budget if you are careful!" I DID switch what I was cooking though to something a little lighter, and a little less time consuming. And I didn't listen to the same voice which was also telling me that I need to switch my rest days to Thursday, and I should do that right now so I didn't have to work out tonight. I'd like to say that I told the voice to eff off, but what actually happened in my head was, "okay, I won't do the squats or the stretches, but I need to get my 10,000 steps in." And then after 20 minutes on the treadmill, "fine, I'll do the stretches, they'll feel good after this, and I should do them every day anyways." And then after 40 minutes, "aw, TO HECK WITH IT! I'm just going to do the whole darn thing so I can laze around on Sunday, and lose another pound tomorrow!" :) finishing up my quad sets, then meditate, and bed for me.

How did everyone else's day go?
  • HLaR79
    Options
    The weather really makes a difference it was 26celcius or 80f here today. And now it is raining. Perfect for a good long sleep!

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday, i need some time off and both my kids will be gone friday thru sunday! Time to work on my house.

Today i am pleased that i threw out the left overs at dinner and didnt eat them all up, i am also pleased that i ate normal person sizes again today.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the wagon big time for the last two days.

I am heading to work for the night shortly.

Tomorrow is the big fight night so I will be gone all day, I am heading to the bar where we are watching about six hours early to ensure prime seating.....so my diet won't be wonderful then either.....plan on getting back on track on Sunday....

:'(
  • craftscout
    Options
    You can do it, Italian! We believe in you. ;)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Italian: consider it a detour and get back on course! Hope you enjoy the fight night

Today was another good day, at supper i noticed i was grabbing little bites after i was done my dinner! I managed to stop myself but it want easy! what a long week
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Its warm out everyone is missing,

We got my sister moved today it took 10 hours and she barely.owns anything. The problem lies in that she got no one to help so my husband and teenager had to do everything. I am limited to light lifting so i mostly got to be a guide

My eating was awful today, but i am proud that when we ended up at dairy queen i got a frozen lemonade instead of icecream
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I've had to move myself, it's not pleasant. After 3 moves in 2 years (2 of which were over 1k miles), I'm sick of moving. Ughhhhhh Crazy days like that you just have to make as best of choices as you can.

Hope the fight went your way, Italian!
  • craftscout
    Options
    Okay, stressful single mom week is over. Ended the week down .6 of a pound, after lots of gains and losses.

Also, ran/walked the 1 mile fun run yesterday. Did it in 16:38. Finished before my daughter and a whole bunch of other people, safely in the 75th percentile, which is a huge WIN for me. And then I drove all over Houston geeking out with my kids for Free Comic Book Day. :)

Proudest moment of the week: the race. Even convinced a friend I used to go to yoga with (before I stopped going because of my knee) to run/walk with me. :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    The fight did NOT go my way, lol. We ended up having it at my place and ordering it PPV ($100!!!!)
    I had an alcoholic drink (just one), for the first time in over ten years. They now make sugar free vodka coolers, so I am gonna try one of those one day too.

You can tell we are not drinking people by this....I bought 6 beers and 8 vodka coolers, so 14 drinks, for five of us, and we have 7 left over and I had to call someone to figure out what do to with the empties lol.

I am up quite a few pounds, but I was back on track today and feeling positive about this week! Gonna make the new thread now!
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @craftscout congratulations on finishing in the 75th percentile. It's always a fear of mine to be last (haven't done large races like you did but in everything else), so I admire your ability to jump in and go.

It looks like I'll have a chance to push myself with a 5k my wife signed us up for at the end of May.

@Italian_Buju it's not a bad thing to not be a drinker. The last wedding I went to I drank way more calories than I should have. For low calorie alcohol there's also Skinny Minnie mixes, that have 5 to 10 calories so essentially all the calories are the alcohol.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Craft: I'm so pleased for you doing your walk and doing well!! What a great milestone for you

Italian: I am a non-drinker for about 5 years this month, i don't even think I could finish a cooler it would knock me on my *kitten*! But I hope you enjoyed your night.

I am at work right now, and since I never work a Sunday evening I am just exhausted so much I want to be at home in bed and I am working so I don't over eat because my brain is telling me I'm hungry even though I know I'm not!

Mini goal for the day, I am pleased that I went shopping on a really really tight budget but still skipped most of the crappy aisles and bought lots of fruits and veggies and my smoothie making stuff

Next week is going to be fantastic for me I feel a loss coming my way
  • craftscout
    Options
    Yeah, I'm more of a social drinker, myself. I'll have a beer or two at an event with friends, sometimes I get a 6 pack which lasts a week, that sort of thing. I used to drink more frequently until I started looking at calorie counts. :) These days I have to seriously think about whether I want to drink my calories.

Chocolate is so much tastier of a splurge! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your night, too, Italian.

Matt, it hurt so much to be the last person in 2 years ago at that race that I knew I had to not be that person. I HAD to. Just to prove to myself how much I have changed over the past two years. But, I don't actually care about racing, not like my husband. I don't need to be the fastest, or even faster than myself. I just want to be ABLE to run. Ultimately, I would like to be able to run a mile in 10 minutes. Maybe 12. Both of which would be faster than I ever ran it back in school - because that is my ultimate goal: to be in the best shape I have ever been in.

Kudos to you, HLaR, shopping is hard, and avoiding cr** is REALLY hard. Especially on a budget. I really hate how pervasive coupling has become because it just encourages people on a tight budget to eat more and more processed foods. Because there are rarely any coupons on fresh fruits and vegetables! :(