Starting Monday 4/27

Options
algingher
algingher Posts: 17 Member
I just ordered Insanity yesterday and plan to start it on Monday April 27th! If anyone hasn't started yet and would like to start on Monday with me, I'd love the company and I could definitely use the motivation and *kitten* kicking of a workout partner!

For anyone who's already started, how's it going so far?

Replies

• algingher
    Options
    Thanks, Jolene! I've seen varying reports of weight loss and other people who didn't lost much but noticed their strength level improving greatly. Either way, I have a long way to go to be at my goal weight and fitness level so I'm excited to see how much Insanity helps me get to my goals.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've been crushed with a cold, so I'm pushing my start back to next Monday. I did the fit test last night but can't stop coughing today.

Basically I'll be your start date buddy :)
  • ja9smakinachange
    Options
    This cold is kicking my *kitten* I'm really struggling, hoping it passes by the weekend. Ready or not I'll start on Monday
  • algingher
    Options
    Thanks to a sick kid today and a cleaning list longer than you've ever seen in preparation for my 1 year olds birthday party this weekend, I didn't get to start today. I'm starting first thing tomorrow morning though! Hope your day 1 went well ja9!
    This cold is kicking my *kitten* I'm really struggling, hoping it passes by the weekend. Ready or not I'll start on Monday

• ja9smakinachange
    Options
    oh no! hope your little one is feeling better.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just started recovery week on Monday and I am really pumped/nervous about month 2! I lost about 4-4.5 lbs in month one (started at 171, now at 166.5-167). Not too much weight lost but my strength and endurance have gone through the roof, and my resting heart rate is now about 58-60 bpm.

My advice is stick through it religiously no matter what the scale says. You will get so much more powerful!
    Also, if you don't manage to lose much weight in month one don't fret, apparently month 2 is where MOST people actually lose all the weight because it's much more intense and can burn up to 1000 calories per workout.

Remember to eat right and fuel your body with the nutrients it needs to get through Insanity, good luck!
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just so happened to have started on April 27th as well - although I've had the dvds for 2 years. It's only been 5 days but I took a quick waist measurement this morning for encouragement and was down 1.25 inches...in 5 days. That's enough for me to stick with it. And if I can say that after Day 5, Pure Cardio (ugh)...that's saying a lot. :smiley:
  • ja9smakinachange
    Options
    bwdcjk wrote: »
    I just so happened to have started on April 27th as well - although I've had the dvds for 2 years. It's only been 5 days but I took a quick waist measurement this morning for encouragement and was down 1.25 inches...in 5 days. That's enough for me to stick with it. And if I can say that after Day 5, Pure Cardio (ugh)...that's saying a lot. :smiley:

Awesome Job! 1.25 inches is amazing! Funny enough I actually love the pure cardio workout. For me it's knowing I don't ever have to repeat a move and I mentally tell myself I can survive a minute of anything... So for some reason I take less breaks in this than I do in other DVD's