Fats

Options
JessikaJacobs87
JessikaJacobs87 Posts: 57 Member
Am I the only on here that will eat cream cheese right off of a spoon without putting it on anything? I just find it really satisfying to just eat it on it's own.

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a look at my diary and see if there is anything I can add for fats, or if I even need to? I dont know, I have been reading and doing research on it, but it is always good to have more experienced eyes than mine take a look at what it is that I am eating, and letting me know if there are improvements to me made.

Please not that my diary for the day is not complete, I still have to eat a few more calories for the day, though I am not sure what of, to be honest.

Replies

• shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You could definitely use a bit more fat, and a bit more food in general, you're 900 calories under. EAT ALL YOUR FOOD. :)

Avocado, butter, mayonnaise, coconut oil, etc. I used to eat less fat than my target, and I struggled. I was hungry. I could never find that place people talk about where they're not hungry. Eating more fat changed that.

And yes, I eat cream cheese off the spoon. You can also make balls out of it and roll it in sugar free jello. Tastes like cheesecake. :)
  • JessikaJacobs87
    Options
    I dont normally eat back my exercise calories. Today im at 880/1300, but I will prolly only make it to 1100. I am not ever hungry, actually. I dont like Avacado or mayo, any other suggestions? I am trying to get a handle on this being new and all, I just dont know what to add that I like.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Do you like heavy cream? Or butter? Do you have animal fat (tallow, bacon grease, lard) that you can cook veggies in? I love cream cheese. Ever have pimento cheese...i eat that off the spoon too. You can also have fattier cuts of meat...leaving the fat on. i.e., have a nice burger of 80/20, or even better, 75/25 ground beef. make meat balls with ground pork in them. chuck roast is nice and fatty...and you can toss it in a crock pot with just about anything. Rib eye steaks are the bomb cooked in butter, topped with blue cheese. or more butter.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Maybe put some of the things you DO like into your diary and see what macros they contain. Fatty cuts of meat if you want to add fat. Salami/pepperoni is good. Chicken thighs instead of breast. Tuna in oil instead of springwater. Fry your foods in butter or coconut oil.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts, if you like them. Do you do bullet proof coffee, that's where I get a good dose in the morning gives me tons of energy for hours too
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    If you love cream cheese…you can make a luscious high fat "cheesecake" in TWO minutes….dangerous. hehehe
    In a tiny bowl place 2 oz cream cheese, 1 tbl butter, 1-2 tsp heavy cream…mush with a spoon/fork, add sweetener of choice (I use vanilla stevia) and a tsp of lemon juice or flavoring..or any flavor you like…keep mixing…eat..or chill for 15 minutes and enjoy. Toss in some frozen blueberries or other berries to chill faster.

This is my sophisticated version of a "choco fat bomb"
  • JessikaJacobs87
    Options
    I dont really drink coffee. Whats bulletproof? Also, I just started adding heavy cream to my eggs in the morning. If you look at my diary, ive been eating ribeye and fatty pork. I bought chicken legs with skin, just havent cooked them yet, and the fattiest hamburger my grocery carried, just havent had that either. I fry just about everything in bacon fat. Should I log that? Is that even in the database?
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,314 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee is coffee with any of the following added:
    butter, coconut oil, cream
    in any combination, whizzed up in a blender.
    Delicious and satisfying!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    How about adding nuts? lots of fat in those. I eat peanut butter by the tbsp as a snack.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes, bacon fat is in the food diary database. I would think you are getting more than you think you are.
  • JessikaJacobs87
    Options
    Thanks! That actually helps a lot. Ill add bacon fat to my diary and see how it comes out. I just wanted to make sure I was doing this right. Ill look into some low carb nuts and peanut butter. Any suggestions for brand of PB?