New here- wish I would have found this group sooner!

Options
kmcc144
kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
My last year and a half has been crazy. I am just wrapping up a horrible child custody battle and painful divorce. Every other weekend all 3 kids are now at their dad's. I try to distract myself from being depressed, but it always turns into watching movies, drinking a glass of wine, and eating pizza. I only went 150 cals over today, but still. I feel terrible because I knew I was full, but kept eating anyway to make myself feel better.

Replies

• juanita1963
    juanita1963 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try to find something else to do those weekends you're alone if possible, something to keep you and your mind occupied. Learn a new craft or sport, read, whatever it takes.
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    On the weekends that I work, my wife takes the kids to visit my in laws. It's a blessing in disguise because I can go to the gym and take as long as I want without having to rush home for my family.
  • idalooses
    idalooses Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'll soon be faced with empty nest syndrome and have been thinking about some things that i can do to keep myself busy and happy too (besides eating) i love scrap booking and have lots of pages to complete on my sports--minded son, plus i want to get more exercise in, so i'm gonna make me some type of schedule for daily exercises that i can do at home, i plan on having weekly Saturday yard sales until i get all my junk sold and that alone should keep me very busy for awhile; i have 3 pets: 2 chihuahuas and 1 calico cat to keep me occupied everyday too; so how does my activities add up to y'all?? some of them might help you keep busy too, kms144! <3:)
  • kmcc144
    kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Today is my weekend without the kids again and I am focusing on all of the things I can do. This is the first weekend I don't pick my daughter up until Saturday evening instead of morning. So my silver lining this weekend is I get to sleep late!! I haven't gotten to sleep late or uninterrupted in.... 2 years?? Goodness am I excited! LOL A lot of my problem is that I have so much to do (i'm a full time student), that when evening comes around I want to relax and enjoy myself. I decided to go out to breakfast this morning and had an eggwhite bagel and some coffee while I studied for classes. I'm running errands this morning, and then will relax and watch movies this evening. I intend to skip pizza and wine this weekend. OR if I cave and have a glass, I bought some skinny girl wine that is 100 cals :) I am feeling good about this, and believe I can do it!! Thanks for your support everyone!