why you should be motivated?

Options
drmarmareka
drmarmareka Posts: 14 Member
You will want to work out if you set a specific goal. Losing weight, looking sexy, living longer, improving your health and mood. So find your drive, and begin working towards it.
HOW?
1. Don’t Look at it as a Punishment
2. Make it Approachable
3. Fight through the First Week
4. Reward Your Gains
5. Get on a healthy diet: One of the biggest reasons people stop exercising is because they don’t see any visible results. A lot of the times, this is because they haven’t adopted healthier eating habits. The thing is, when you work out, your body requires you to take in more calories than you would in a sedentary lifestyle, you even feel hungrier in general when you workout. Unfortunately, this doesn’t excuse you to eat unhealthy foods (all the time). Therefore, it is best to eat healthy/nutritional foods; it’ll help you get the results you want, and motivate you to keep up with it.
6. Meet yourself Halfway
7. Declare Your Motives
8. Surround Yourself with Success: Seeing and hearing success stories of other people is a great place to find encouragement for yourself.
9. Get a Buddy:One of the easiest ways to keep you motivated is to have a friend who is willing to get on the same boat.

Replies

• kmcc144
    kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like this! I think an important thing to add is reward your gains (or losses I suppose) with something other than food! This is what I struggle with. I finally lose and I decide to reward myself with food. It makes no sense and makes me yo-yo frequently. So make sure you have a specific reward in mind to focus on, like a new outfit or something! And also- measure!! I haven't lost weight in several weeks, but I have lost 2 inches from my high waist, 2 inches from my hips, and 1 inch in my thighs.
  • faytherubea
    faytherubea Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love this! You make excellent points. I really appreciate the reminder, it's not punishment. Very practical advice. Thank you!