Welcoming in the beautiful month of May

Options
ronercat
ronercat Posts: 273 Member
I can't believe that April has already passed us by, but the good news is that means we (not sure about the frigid northeast) are closer to being able to do all the outdoorsy things that have been impossible due to weather. I am also quite happy because I have been able to get back in a good cooking and working out schedule and I am feeling good. I was able to prepare all my meals last week and I didn't eat a bunch of junk. Woo!

I hope things are going great for all of you. Have a fantastic weekend!

Replies

• NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ooh good work -- getting into a good routine is such a satisfying feeling!

I put together a budget with my estimated student loan payments ( :| ) and based on that, I'll be eating a lot of rice and beans for the foreseeable future! I've never been very good at sticking to a budget when it feels like I *should* have money. I have no problems making my dollars stretch when I've needed to, but I'm going to have to convince myself that while I have a decently paying full-time job now, I need to live like I did when I was working part-time as a server if I actually want to pay my bills. Harumph.

I'm hoping that having a tight budget will motivate me to do more cooking. This week has been exhausting, but I've got to learn to manage home prepped meals even during weeks like this. I'm going to work on building up a few cheap, quick staple dishes that I can throw together even when my energy is super low.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Zac, you are doing great with your weight loss!! Happy to hear you are motivated and back on track!! Norah...you can stick to that budget....you have done it in the past, and sounds like a great plan to continue living as you did before!!! And now is a great time to prepare meals ahead of time for the week..will save $$ and time in the end!!

Wonder how Karen is doing with the interview with the big boss person for the swimathon! Dee...where are you? Cari...hope you are having a great holiday!!

I need a kick in the bum to get rebooted again...was not a good 'food' or exercise weekend for me. I did get a new exercise DVD on Cardio dancing...15 minutes a sessions, so will try one of those today. I am trying to gear up for a better 'eating/exercising' week ahead of me.

Hope everyone gets outside and enjoys the fresh air in your areas!!!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, I'm taking off this morning for Virginia. Splitting the drive in half, so tonight I'll be in Delaware. The last few days of packing and prep to be away for a month have left me pretty beat up, so this morning is all about ice packs and anti-inflammatories. Thank god for Jim who loaded my car and just brought me a coffee and ice in bed.

My road trip food plan is pretty basic. Protein shakes and salads! And stay away from southern cooking as much as possible! Love me some fried chicken and biscuits. The resort I'm in this week (another timeshare deal that my dear friend Margaret shares so generously--$150 for the WEEK includes my room and meals!!!) has FOUR swimming pools, so exercise won't be a problem.

I'm so happy to see everyone checking in. Let's make May a month of progress!

Xxoo
    K
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Have a great trip Karen!!! Your month away sounds wonderful!!! I like your idea of making May a month of progress!! Be sure to check back in with us every now and then!!!