Stall advice

Options
Jbarnes1210
Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
I haven't seen a loss in about 3 weeks. I've been staying below 20 net carbs and increasing my fat intake. My inches have also been the same for the last few weeks. I use keto strips throughout the week to make sure I'm still in ketosis, they usually show trace ketones. I was thinking of having 1 high carb day followed by very low carb for the rest of the week. Has anyone tried that, did it work?

Replies

• fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I also stalled for about three weeks and it's discouraging but just stick with it. The scale WILL move again!!! I actually didn't change anything I was doing to get it to move again but I got alot of good advice from others.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I stall for 2-3 weeks at a time all the time, then will drop 5-10 pounds in a week. Just keep going
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I stalled for 4 months until I dropped my carbs to less than 20 grams daily. Since then I have lost 15 pounds.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    How does your food look? Your diary is closed. Do you take any sweeteners and how are your calories?
  • Jbarnes1210
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Itcphotog..I'll open my diary so you can take a look....
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @Jbarnes1210 it looks like you've lost a great amount so far, have you readjusted you're goals for your new smaller size? I assume you have but just a thought.

I've lost and gained weight more times than I can count, I always stall at 160 it's like my body really likes that weight, in the past I should start changing things up to help and it never did, the last time I lost I just kept with my plan and eventually broke through. It's frustrating but when the weight starts falling off again it's awesome.

Good luck, congrats on your success!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Here is what I have learned.. Remember this is only me... YMMV. First looking at your diary it apoears you are eating 100% of your exercise calories. Tracking calories burned is a very inexact science. Cut your calorie intake to 50% of calories burned. No matter what anyone says about LCHF it is still about calories. A stall indicates either you are eating to many calories or your estimated calories burned is too high. I also recomend that you recalculate your goals with your new weight. Good luck you have this... Oh ya sometime you just keep on and wait... Weight? It out.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I did recalculate my goals as I lost. I've been trying to increase my fat intake, and I guess along with fat comes the calories....I'm going to try not to consume the calories I burn and see if that helps. I get confused when comes down to figuring out should I pay more attention to calories or carbs....
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    I still can't see your diaries, I'll friend ya :)
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I did recalculate my goals as I lost. I've been trying to increase my fat intake, and I guess along with fat comes the calories....I'm going to try not to consume the calories I burn and see if that helps. I get confused when comes down to figuring out should I pay more attention to calories or carbs....

Carbs... But keep an eye on calories... If you eat too many and go over you will stall or even gain. The great thing about LCHF is killing hunger.
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    Just looked at your diary.

How tall are you and what is your current weight and what is your goal? Also, what are your macros and how did you calculate them?

From your diary:

2,509 Calories - what is your deficit?
    32 - carbs - thought you were aiming for 20, but that's OK
    209 - fat - not sure how you came to this number?
    125 - protein - seems ok
    94 - sugar - that's a lot of sugar comparing to 30g of carbs you're at. Where is this sugar coming from?

Your numbers don't make much sense to me. Go to keto calculator and set your goals correctly and go from there.

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

You you need to drink more water, double of what you're drinking now. Your water intake should be 1/2 of your body weight in oz. Your body might be holding on and retaining water.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Options
    Itcphotog.......MFP allows me 1740 calls, I set my goal for carbs to 20, yesterday I consumed 32 grams of carbs and 11 grams of fiber, my net carb total was 21, but when I add my exercise in MFP automatically increases all my goal totals, cals, carbs, fat, protein and sodium, yesterday I ate the calories and fat that were added, hoping that would knock me out of a stall....... I hate to say this, but my starting weight was 334lbs, I'm now 262, and 5"9". My first goal is to loose 100lbs, I have 28 more to go, then I'll set my next goal. I'm going to start drinking extra water today, I thought I was doing good doing at least 8 cups.....
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    First, congrats on the initial weight loss, that's an awesome accomplishment!
    Try not to eat any additional grams that MFP adds after work out, remember what your numbers are and try to stay within those macros. Give it a week and see if scale moves, and drink, drink, drink! Let's us know how you're doing.
    Did you use Keto calculator to set your numbers or just MFP?
  • Jbarnes1210
    Options
    I googled a keto calculator...4% carbs, 20% protein, 76% fat, but the keto calculator gives me a littler more calories than MFP, I'm definitely add the extra water... I'll keep you posted on how I do ....
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    ok. So. the breath thing. I get a no sugar gum and eat half of it. Otherwise I am afraid I alienate everyone I speak to . Is that sweetener a problem with losing weight? You think?
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    Topical sugar free gum has aspartame and 2g of carbs. I buy mine at health store, less carbs and xylitol instead of aspartame. I chew maybe stick a day.
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    I meant typical not topical :)