Looking for like minded friends to share this journey with...

Options
CountryMom03
CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
Hello everyone!:) Im not new to MFP, nor primal/paleo, but Im recently back from having a long falling off the wagon so to speak:( Its a bit of a long story, but if youd like to know, Ive posted it in one of my blog posts on my profile. Ive got to stick with this (no matter what) and get this weight off:( Im the heaviest now than I have ever been! I have a few friends who are active on here, but not many and those arent primarily primal nor paleo. So Im hoping to just possibly add a few more friends who are primal/paleo to get support from, ideas from, etc:) If anyone is interested, then plz feel free to send me a friend invite, just let me know in a message that your from this group so Ill know who you are:) Thanks!:)

Replies

• SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, you can do this.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and I wish you luck! :) you can do it! I'm going on a week now of a more "strict" primal type diet and I'm feeling amazing. I ate half my calories today from fat and dang I'm stuffed, not used to this feeling yet.
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do this and I am happy to support you :)
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome back You can do it. It's a journey to better health. Bless you :)
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I've been barely hanging on to the wagon, and decided to start back fresh because this is the only lifestyle that makes sense.
    Glad you're back and focusing on what truly works!
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!:) Its good to be back:)
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Welome! Will add you!
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome home! You can do it!!!
  • snappy36
    snappy36 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Snappy36, I'd like to join this group.
  • snappy36
    Options
    Thanks everyone!:) Its good to be back:)

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I "backslid" over the holidays and the high school debate tournament season that followed, and gained 15 lbs in a couple months, so I empathize. I have about nine pounds to lose, to get back to where I was before the holidays hit. My clothes are fitting better!

Of course, it's not about weight (for me), it's about health. I do paleo because it means I have energy, minimal joint pain, sleep better, catch fewer viruses, and have less digestive upset. Weight loss is just icing on the cake, so to speak. I could stand to lose another 50 lbs to get back to my college weight -- do people really do that? I mean, metabolism slows down as you get older, and I've had three kids, and that impacts weight as well. So I don't know if it's realistic to get back to my college weight, and it's not really a goal. But are older people really able to weigh the same as they did in college, or is it "normal" to be heavier because of slowing metabolism?

I'm just curious as to what my body will consider a healthy weight, and stabilize at, eventually.

The 30 lbs I lost already--without trying! as a side-effect of doing paleo auto-immune for joint pain, not for weight loss--has done wonders for my knee problems.
  • jrosto
    jrosto Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can add me to your friends list if you wish. I log daily and enjoy seeing how others are doing.

I've been following paleo/primal for a year now. I lost 90 pounds and am now maintaining a niece weight.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    jrosto wrote: »
    You can add me to your friends list if you wish. I log daily and enjoy seeing how others are doing.

I've been following paleo/primal for a year now. I lost 90 pounds and am now maintaining a niece weight.

Wow, you lost 90 pounds in a year? Amazing.
  • RGroenland
    RGroenland Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.
    I have been struggling for well over a year now. Since I got pregnant last January my eating has been crap.

I would love some support and but kicking to get my diet back on track.
    I feel so tired all of the time. Even when my six month old sleeps through the nights.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    RGroenland wrote: »
    Welcome back.
    I have been struggling for well over a year now. Since I got pregnant last January my eating has been crap.

I would love some support and but kicking to get my diet back on track.
    I feel so tired all of the time. Even when my six month old sleeps through the nights.

I remember that feeling. I had it just two weeks ago. I was sick, the early part of last week, and finally kicked dairy to the curb. Suddenly as of yesterday, I have energy. So there's hope. If you can just get a handle on what foods are impacting you negatively, things will be better.

(I *thought* dairy wasn't impacting me negatively, at least full-fat dairy like butter, but it turns out I was mistaken.)

Do you think a Whole30 might help? And then slowly add foods in to see how they affect you?
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I was very much one of those "dairy doesn't hurt me!" types. It took me a year of Primal before I even committed to a month of dairy free. I sometimes think dairy has more of a choke hold on people than even wheat. There's a lot of excusing and denying when it comes to dairy. I do still eat butter, but I've only had 2 ounces of cheese in the last 33 days. Avoiding dairy has proven easier with my current woe surprisingly. Totally unexpected, but I'll take it!
  • snappy36
    Options
    I'm glad to see you here! Country mom
    snappy36 wrote: »
    Snappy36, I'd like to join this group.