5/3 Day 73 Sunday Movin May Day 3

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
How to GOMA

Challenge:
There are lots of ways to ditch the chair and “Get Off My *kitten*”(GOMA). Some of the most popular actions are listed here: http://www.quittingthesitting.com/how-to-goma.html Which do you think would work for you? Give one a try!

Alternative Challenge: Do 40 jumping jacks. You can do them all at once or throughout the day. Your choice!

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing what you think would work for you!
  • fitnatic130
    fitnatic130 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks done and I can definitely see myself dancing to music and a good declutter would be good :smile:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks done and I can definitely see myself dancing to music and a good declutter would be good :smile:

Just wait till you see what's coming up on Thursday!
  • rhod6554
    rhod6554 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm new to online communities. Normally I am very conscious about posting anything to the Internet. I'm quitting my job in four weeks and going to spend 365 days training for an Ironman, I currently weigh 230 pounds. I've done plenty of marathons in the past (20 years ago) so I know what I'm doing and that I have a long way to go. I'm excited to join this group. I did my 20 minute run this morning and I will do my 40 jumping jacks right now. I love goals.
  • fadraface01
    fadraface01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love the daily goal thing as well. It keeps me interested because it's something different to look forward to the next day AND it keeps me a lot more involved and active with MFP! 40 jumping jacks in the books for today and the day is just starting for me! Nowhere to go but up....or should I say down as in pounds and inches
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,757 Member
    Options
    Dancing is my favorite way to GOMA! I discovered English Country Dancing when my sister and I were looking for something to do together that wasn't just having lunch. Then we discovered Zumba. Dancing is so joyful! Decluttering is also a good way to GOMA - not as much fun - but very satisfying.

I'll fit those jumping jacks in today.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Plan to do those jumping jacks this afternoon before walking a few laps at the gym while hubby strength trains. Always looking for ways to move more, sit less. Right now I am standing at the kitchen counter surfing the net. LOL
  • JanetM527
    JanetM527 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Challange complete!! I had to put on my heavy duty under armour support bra first but I was able to do them all at once.....lol. Not bad though... Yeahhhhhh!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm going to dance more! I love it, but I forget about it. :blush:

I did 100! jumping jacks so far, and my goal is to do 400 more before bed tonight. :smiley:
  • MnMalecha
    MnMalecha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did my jumping jacks and let my 2 year old do them with me. I laughed a lot
  • BethInBC
    BethInBC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do lots of these - walk when I'm on the phone, dance to music when I can, find ways of adding steps (e.g. cooking - I dance while I do it!). My best tip, if you have a Mac, is to add an app called Time Out. Check it out: it reminds you to get up and walk at whatever interval you choose, for as long as you choose, and you are in total control of timing, sounds, fade-in/fade-out, how long you get up, sit, how long between breaks. You can set secondary intervals to just look up from the computer, and you can skip the break if you're in the middle of something. It's totally flexible, and very easy to use.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,757 Member
    Options
    I finished my jumping jacks, and they gave me an idea. I'm going to break up sitting sessions with some quick jumping jacks.
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Today went for lunch with a friend to catch up and we walked around a bit and did some shopping. Didn't plan on that but glad I got some walking in even though I was shopping.

Also completed all the jumping jacks. I don't like doing jumping jacks but today they weren't as bad as I expected. Might do them more often.
  • rhod6554
    rhod6554 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 40 jumping jacks. My Rottweiler started barking and jumping with me it was cute. Ditto on the superduper bra and yet still a ton of bouncing.
  • nurselizrn
    nurselizrn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy dancing, and find myself doing it at times throughout the house and just randomly. I need to start doing it more often, maybe a few times a week to help with the GOMA and weight loss.
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I took a walk at a local park today, the weather was lovely. I will go do the jumping jacks now. While listening to music. Which will probably lead to me shacking my groove thing if the right song comes on. ;)
  • farbinkie
    farbinkie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No jumping jacks for me, flu still giving me breathing problems.

Did some investigating and there's a bunch of walking trails near work so I'm psyched!!

Has anyone ever used a standing desk? Seriously considering one for work.
  • matott25
    matott25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks done. I've been walking while on the phone and cooking today. Thyroid has me worn out and sore today so hoping to do more tomorrow.
  • wendyn1998
    wendyn1998 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks done!!! And added 10 more for good measure ;)
  • fitnatic130
    fitnatic130 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Just wait till you see what's coming up on Thursday!

Dont know if I should be excited or worried lol