Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Let's get this week started

Replies

• MammaxFive
    MammaxFive Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm finally starting to feel very motivated. Probably because it's so warm outside now. I can no longer hide under sweatshirts. I'm not sure I'll be able to lose 20 pounds by July 4th, since I've only lost 2 so far....but if I can get down to 150 by then (currently 163) I would be thrilled! Then I just need to get down to 135 by November, because my husband & I are going on vacation to Jamaica!! Soooo excited!!!
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1 check-In!
    As usual I didn't get to bed early enough Sunday so no gym this morning but I was proud that I lost weight over the weekend instead of gaining like I usually do :)
  • Peechiz12
    Peechiz12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All. Got up feeling pretty bad this morning. Don't know what happened but I hurt the left side of my back (I think there's a muscle there - lol). I've been doing an exercise program (not sure if I can say the name) and I love it. I'm actually starting week 3 of round 2. So because of the pain I'm experiencing I had a minor set back this morning; I could not give it my all. I pushed through but with a lot of stopping and modifications. I didn't burn a lot of calories (only about 148) but I think the important thing is that I pushed through. I said that to say let's push through today, and know that we are bigger than our excuses. Have a great day all. :-)
  • beatricelombule
    beatricelombule Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 184 lbs
    Goal for challenge 164 lbs
    Height 5'5

Week 1 / Start weight – 184 lbs
    Week 2 – 186 lbs (+2 lbs)
    Week 3 – 188 lbs (+2 lbs)
    Week 4 - 188 lbs
    Week 5 - 187.7
    Total loss/gain: +3.7
  • MayorGrimby
    MayorGrimby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Happy Week 5, everyone! I've been doing pretty well food-wise, but for some reason I had a real plummet in energy starting around Thursday last week. I spent almost the whole weekend in bed or on the couch. I am going to assume that I was fighting off a cold or something because after all that sleeping, I do feel better. Back to the gym this week for sure. In better news, I work in the middle of the city and there have only been restaurant options for lunch when I forget mine but an actual grocery store just opened a few blocks away and I'm psyched. Fresh fruits, a nice salad bar, some healthier prepared food options, hooray!
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Week 5, Day 2

Well, at the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to lose 20lbs by July 2016! Have decided to try not logging my exercise here, not eating back those calories, and see what happens. I'm doing better with not eating out of boredom or stress, so that's positive but I'm getting really frustrated.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 check-in!
    Today I got in 2.87 Miles on the treadmill, and was over 6k steps before 6 am :)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 Check-In! I did 10 mins on the evil stair-master and 45 mins on the treadmill (2.46miles) and I am already at 8,100 steps for the day and it's not even 9 am yet :)
  • shaunjadon
    shaunjadon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Last week was spent moving with no exercise except a walking session. Probably won't weigh in until Friday for this week.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! I had an exercise Off day yesterday, I accomplished very little, but I'm kinda ok with that.
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Week 5, Day 3

Lost a pound since my weigh in on Monday -stupid scales!! Am in the 180s now and my goal is to stay there (well, not forever obviously). Have a Reformer class tonight.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Lost 6 pounds in 2 days. Shame I had to go nuts over the weekend and gain 11. (Mostly water weight I'm sure.)
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Weight has maintained from Mon - today.
    I'm on holiday next week so will be missing a weigh in! Fingers crossed for a good one when I return!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Week 5 Day 4 Check In!
    I got 3 Miles in on the treadmill this morning, 8k steps in by 8am!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic day!

I have been doing pretty good. So far, I'm down 10.5 lbs since the beginning of this challenge, and I'm super excited about that! I've been staying at or under my calorie goal, and only had 2 days that I've eaten back my exercise calories (due to day-road trips to visit family). Normally, I never eat back my exercise calories.

I am half way through my week 5 of my C25K program, and feel AMAZING about it...I couldn't run more than a minute to save my life before I started it (on April 1st), and now, I can run 2.5 miles, non-stop! Its an 8-week program, but I think I'll be able to get to the 5K mark before the 8 weeks are up. I also signed up for my first 5K! I am really excited about it; it's in 9 days. I'm also a little nervous because it's a color run this year. I'm not entirely sure how well I'm gonna be able to breath while having colored corn starch flying everywhere, but it sounds fun.
  • shooting_star27
    shooting_star27 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 188 lbs total start back in September, 165 lbs starting this challenge
    Goal for challenge 145 lbs
    UGW: 135
    Height 5'3

Week 1 / Start weight – 165 lbs
    Week 2 – 166 lbs (+1 lbs)
    Week 3- 168 lbs (+2 lbs)
    Week 4- 171 lbs (+3 lbs)
    Week 5- 166 lbs (-5 lbs)
    Total loss/gain: +1 lb

Looks like y'all are doing a general and exercise check in, so I'll share some of my progress. I've been doing alright. My weight shot up for a bit in late April due to the stress of finals week, but I’m all done now and graduated from college! Yay!! Now that I’m no longer a university student, I can’t use their gym for free anymore, so I joined a new gym near my home. It’s not bad price-wise and thankfully my old trainer from the school gym offered to train me at the park for a much reduced rate. I’m now only 14 lbs away from being able to go talk to Navy recruiters! I think I can get there by the end of summer at least. Gotta start studying for the ASVAB soon too, so I can get a good job in there! Today I am going to the gym to try a water aerobics class. :)

I’m just about right within the range for making it on my PRT test, I’m at 46 push-ups in 2 minutes (still on knees, but I can now get halfway to the ground with a full push-up!). 43 sit-ups in 2 minutes (I wanna try to tack on 10 more), and I’m running a 16 minute mile (still not the best, shooting for 10-12, but that is down from 18!). I can now run 25 minutes straight at about 4 mph (I know that doesn't seem fast, but I’m so short it seems fast to me :p). Recently, I was able to bench press two 17.5 lb barbells too! My blood pressure and pulse are in a healthy range, body fat 34% (Navy wants no more than 33%), and I’m down 5.5 inches off my waist and 4 off my hips. Definitely looking more muscular; it’s really noticeable on my arms and legs. Oh and back in March I went down a size in all my clothes! :)
  • shaunjadon
    Options
    I actually moved last week and took a holiday from dieting due to the stress of moving altogether. Never thought it would be this hard after a week to get back in the grove of things. I've eaten horribly, but thankfully have not gained a pound yet. My TOM is scheduled for next week so I'm going to avoid the scale and try to go as hard as I can in the gym so that the week after next will show good progress. I'm down 8lbs so 12 more to go by July 4th and its doable, I just need to get back into gear.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Week 5 Day 5 Check in!
    I got 3.07 Miles in on the treadmill and 7,970 steps in so far :)
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    Lost 6 pounds in 2 days. Shame I had to go nuts over the weekend and gain 11. (Mostly water weight I'm sure.)

Wow how do you do that. The most I lose in a week is 2 kilos and that is very very rare. I usually just lose about a pound more or less in a week now.

Anyways, I haven't been logging in because I got so busy but it seems everyone else is having some kind of progress. Good job guys!

My eating is improving. I get hungry less and less. And if I do, I have learnt to ignore it and live with it unless of course, it is real hunger and/or I can eat again for the next meal. I decided I should try to ignore the cravings and hunger because while I'm still restricting, I will get many of it and if I give in all the time, I will make no progress.

I also think my stomach is shrinking a bit since I feel full faster now and like I said, get hungry less. And I guess my food choices played a part of it. I eat lots of fruits, veggies, eggs, etc. now. I think they are more filling than what I am having before.

It also helps that I have an exercise routine now for at least 30 minutes a day, most days of the week. I've added 30-day fitness challenges now so that I can have a little strength exercises aside from cardio.

I don't lose a lot in a week but I am still happy to have any kind of progress. At least, the scale is going down :) And for a petite female like me, a kilo loss makes a lot of difference in my appearance (same with a kilo gain sadly but well, I'm losing now). I also feel healthier and lighter.
  • shaunjadon
    Options
    Surprisingly enough, I braved the scale today as promised earlier this week. I've not been fully committed to eating within my calorie limit due to a move into a new house. I have been a fast food junkie for the last week and I didn't expect any movement from the scale. Well I'm down another 2 lbs. 239.8lbs last week to 237.2lbs today. I guess the lord knew I needed some motivation before I fell completely off. My own set goal for this challenge is acutally 22lbs, I'm now 12.2lbs from that goal!!!!! We have 56 days until July 4th (aprox. 8 weeks), so my goal is totally doable. Now to keep the motivation until July 4th. This group is really keeping me accountable...Thanks guys!!!
This discussion has been closed.