Weekly Post 03.05. -09.05.15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
A rainy three day weekend in Switzerland, but that's OK. Got some stuff done that has been laying around for a while and I got myself back on my rebounder. Have started a May Plank Challenge to get my abs and core ready along with other exercise. It doesn't take long, but the planks are very effective!

Had a pretty good week. 3 fasts / a 50% TDEE day / 1 TDEE day and 1 175-200% TDEE day. The fast days were easy. It was the 200% TDEE day that got to me :p I need to control myself more on those days to stay in losing mode.

For this coming week I am planning another B2B on Mo / Tu and a third fast on Thursday. Festivities today and next Sunday as well as a long weekend away over Ascension need to be prepared for with the extra fasts, if I want to reach my goal of about 57kg by June 1. About 3lbs to go.

Off to my rebounder now, before I go cook a birthday dinner for my mom.

Have a great Sunday!

Replies

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    3 lbs to go! Awesome!

I am on day4 of whole30. No fasting, or weighing. Just clean eating. I really like everyone where so I hope I'm not overstepping by still keeping up with everyone!
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bburg86 - of course we still want you to hang out

I am back to 5:2 and love it. My fast days have definitely become easier.
    Things that work for me
    1 - stay busy
    2 - eat one large meal after 4 pm ( 500 calories, but lots of vegies and soup)
    3- be prepared with healthy, delicious options ( raspberries and asparagus today)

angela
  • flumi_f
    Options
    @bburg86 - 3lb to my low....9lb to my ultimate goal. But I have to think small atm. And you can hang out with us for as long as you like ;) Read into Whole30 a while back. I think, it's good. However I don't do well on food lists...always want what I can't have....

Good first fast day of the week. Another one planned and bagged for tomorrow B)

• SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Checking back in. After a string of visitors in March and over Easter and an April full of the lurgy in our household, FDs are back on track. Miraculously I have still managed to lose a couple of lbs, although I think some of that could be muscle loss due to lack of exercise. :/ Have restarted Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. So far so good.

Flumi - the plank challenge sounds interesting - will have to investigate. Bburg86 - have never heard of Whole30, so some more reading up to do.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My first fast day of the week was yesterday. Did really good (only had 3 blueberry's til dinnertime). Then everything when down hill when Bank Holiday Mcd's run happened and ended up eating...just logged it this morning...1417 calories (Shock and Horror :s ). End up being a pretty decent TDEE day, however now I have to attempt another fast today. Lucky this morning I didn't even feel interested in food and now I'm nursing a large tea. My mood is a bit low this morning...talk about a sugar crash! I was a bit encouraged this morning when I wore my jeans and they seemed extra roomy. Gotta keep on chugging along.....
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! After my first week of fasting... my weight stayed the same. So gutted :( And then the bank holiday happened along with my dads birthday and too much cake and food, and now im up 4lbs! :( ANDDD then I also started (kind of) my period yesterday so that doesnt help either!! erghhh basically a bit fat FAIL for the first week. So annoyed!

Well done to everyone who did lose! :)
  • flumi_f
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @priyac1987 - keep your eye on the prize.
    TOM, cake, extra sodium maybe? etc all lead to water retention. Just keep at it for a while and watch the longer term trend. Assuming you didn't eat 15000cals over your TDEE, so most of that gain is water. No worries, just be patient. I gain 1-3lb every weekend due to the water. They are usually gone on Tuesday morning due to my Monday fast.

@nanana - http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-30-day-plank-challenge/ I'm on day 5 now....just join in the fun :p

On my 2nd day of my B2B. Doing well. My two course 350cal dinner is waiting for me. Worked this morning, had a tuna / bell pepper salad for lunch and I even baked a cake for tomorrow :p Have to take that somewhere, so I won't be able to snag a piece. Thus all is good. Off for my horse back ride, then some planks from my plank challenge and then DINNER!!

Have a great day.
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, haven't been on here for ages but just wanted to check in with my progress. I reached my 10kg (1stone 8 lbs) since November. Never thought I would actually do it. Have a new goal now of another 6 kg's (almost a stone).
    This would bring me to 60 kg's or 9 and a half stone. Currently 66kg's or 10st 5.

Worth sticking to this WOL everyone!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Great job uptight!

Dinner on the stove...Fast day in the box.
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's fast went bust after a difficult day at work but burned 957 cals today and really enjoying the clean buzz from exercise. Fast day tomorrow, probably only one this week as friends birthday weekend starts on Thursday
    Happy fasting everyone x
  • priyac1987
    Options
    Morning all! Fast day yesterday went well. Im down 2.5lbs! Hurrah! Lets keep this going.
    My body is giving me so much grief today. Why is it so much hard work being a woman?

@cal0rina thats a great burn!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    A B2B...same weight after fast number 2 as after fast number 1...waiting for the woosh... It'll come! Today I'm enjoying my cake and eating it too.

Next fast tomorrow.
  • priyac1987
    Options
    just a random note that Hartleys 10 calorie fat free sugar free jelly pots are AMAZING for fast days!! Says 10 calories on the front, but its only actually 7 calories!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Decided to move my fast day to tomorrow. I'm working from home this morning and have the afternoon off. If the weather holds up, I shall go for a run this afternoon.

Have a great day!
  • flumi_f
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Enjoyed my food today, but I'm still under my TDEE a little due to a sunny afternoon run.

I also did the second test on my plank challenge (link is in one of the above posts). On day one I did a 60s plank and was shaking after 30s. 7days and 5 Plank days later was test day....2min in good form without shaking. I could have gone a little longer, but my lower back started to hurt a little. Not bad for just a few minutes a day.

Fast-Food ready for tomorrow. That'll be the third one for this week. Weight is slowly beginning to react. Yay! Probably another B2B Mo / Tu.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    priyac1987 wrote: »
    just a random note that Hartleys 10 calorie fat free sugar free jelly pots are AMAZING for fast days!! Says 10 calories on the front, but its only actually 7 calories!

I agree...totally fun fast day snack!! Had my makeup fast on Tuesday with total success... even better than previous fast days. Next fast day is this tomorrow, hoping for similar success. And hoping to keep my losses from last week and then some ;)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Good job Snaps on the fast day!

My Friday Fast turned into a 50%TDEE day. However after my successful B2B fast early in the week and two good TDEE days, some cardio and my plank challenge....I'm happy with my week.

Have a great weekend!
  • kaytee232013
    kaytee232013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm a day late on the check in here, but just wanted to say hi and update... I weighed in on Friday after my 2nd fast of the week and the scales showed a 2lb gain, but I’m not upset about it which is a first for me! I’ve been doing a month long ‘daily weigh’ experiment to see and understand how and why my weight goes up and down despite doing everything as I should. For the first time in my dieting history (which is about 30 years!), I’ve realised just how much my weight can fluctuate according to where I am in my cycle. I’ve never weighed daily before – always weekly, so I never really saw that I could gain 2lbs overnight when I'm well within my TDEE and Last week I saw my weight gradually go down daily and then I hit my lowest weight since I started 5:2 on the day my period arrived! I’ve seen from these daily weighs that my weight fluctuates and increases by up to 2-3lbs in the first 14 days of my cycle and then I lose a month’s worth of weight (I lost 4.4lbs in the two weeks leading up to TOTM and nothing the two weeks before!). I feel enlightened by all of this and I know that I’ll never get upset again seeing gains on the scales as I used to and I’ve lost 16lbs in the12 weeks I've been doing 5:2 so I really have nothing to complain about. Sorry, that turned out to be a long post!
    Have a good week everyone!