5/4/2014- Today I celebrate...

Options
wennim
wennim Posts: 276 Member
This is kind of an embarrassing one to post, but according to my husband and son who were watching and listening from a distance, I was hit on on the bike trail yesterday. In my opinion it was just a pleasant conversation between two trail enthusiasts but hubby says otherwise. In his words "I am a guy I know these things."

So today I am celebrating a jealous hubby :). I know he has loved me at my worst and at my best but it has been a long time since I received the kind of attention from another guy that would make him jealous.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's gotta be an awesome feeling!!! I can't even remember that feeling, at all...mostly because I've never really been seriously hit on to my knowledge, but my guy swears otherwise. I guess when I'm in love, I'm oblivious to the wiles of men...lol.

I'm SOOOO not in a celebrating mood today, so...

I'll celebrate the fact that I survived a weird and wacky weekend - and the fact that my primal egg tea that I tried this morning didn't suck... LOL
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hah congratulations! It's kinda nice that you didn't notice, in a way, because you get to enjoy it after the fact, but you didn't have to feel weird about it during the actual conversation!

I'm intrigued by the egg coffee... I might give it a try. I drank bulletproof coffee once and it was pretty tasty, but it just didn't feel worth it to me.

Today I'm celebrating getting my invite to a volunteer orientation for the local Humane Society! I grew up with dogs and haven't been able to adopt since I moved out on my own 10 years ago (irregular and/or full-time jobs + not being able to afford a dog walker), so I'm very, very, very excited to be working with adoptable pups on the weekends! Most likely, I'll be staffing outreach events, which is ideal because I get to hang out with dogs and hopefully help them find happy homes. I think some aspects of it will be difficult, but overall, I imagine it'll be well worth it. The orientation isn't until May 31, but I'm already so excited.

I'm also celebrating this beautiful weather and my wonderful lunch time walk.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    NorahCait wrote: »
    Hah congratulations! It's kinda nice that you didn't notice, in a way, because you get to enjoy it after the fact, but you didn't have to feel weird about it during the actual conversation!

I'm intrigued by the egg coffee... I might give it a try. I drank bulletproof coffee once and it was pretty tasty, but it just didn't feel worth it to me.

Today I'm celebrating getting my invite to a volunteer orientation for the local Humane Society! I grew up with dogs and haven't been able to adopt since I moved out on my own 10 years ago (irregular and/or full-time jobs + not being able to afford a dog walker), so I'm very, very, very excited to be working with adoptable pups on the weekends! Most likely, I'll be staffing outreach events, which is ideal because I get to hang out with dogs and hopefully help them find happy homes. I think some aspects of it will be difficult, but overall, I imagine it'll be well worth it. The orientation isn't until May 31, but I'm already so excited.

Okay, so I'm celebrating the fact now, for reals, that I've come far enough mentally on this journey that resetting my estimated highest weight to my true highest recorded weight didn't do my head in completely. It did start me spinning for a different reason.

My most horrible/fattest looking pictures are from 2006-2008. This is when I was eating everything I wanted to, lost of junk and all kinds of crap. That is the picture on my profile in yellow and the other one in green.

THAT WAS ONLY 33 POUNDS HEAVIER THAN I AM TODAY! Thirty-three...33....

Honestly, I'm utterly shocked. I hit my heaviest weight in 2010 according to my medical file. The amount of swelling, puffiness, and inflammation in those pictures was like a sucker-punch straight to the solar plexus. I'm tearing apart my files to see what I looked like in 2010... My mind is boggled...

Has anyone else found that to be true? Swelling and inflammation made that much of a difference? If for that reason alone, I think I'm finally eating the way I need to for my own health...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    NorahCait wrote: »

And totally left off the rest of this!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee/
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee-frappe/

The first link has two variations for hot coffee. The second link is for a frozen coffee. Now, I don't like coffee. So I used tea. I made the second hot coffee recipe, but I only used one egg because I wanted to make sure I could handle it. It was pretty decent. So I'll make it with two eggs today. Then I went ahead and had my normal BPT later in the morning. The Egg Tea, even with only one egg and a small portion of my CO and HWC was far more substantial than my normal BPT. So I'm going to use the full recipe (two eggs) tomorrow...and all of the CO I normally use...and maybe start with half HWC....and adjust from there. I'm quite excited because it was a very nourished feel today... Though I did forget the salt it called for...

Happy too to see you having time to volunteer for something you love, @NorahCait!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    WOW. @NorahCait You get to work with the Humane association. That's awesome. I've wanted to volunteer, but I know I'd get to attached to the dogs. I know me.

Carly, I was at my absolute heaviest in 2007. Since then, I've lost 110 lbs. I've seen pictures and really don't believe they are me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    It is more to me that the pictures look like 100 pounds difference.

22ayvzvd4xcm.png

This is less than a 30 pound difference.

I know I have pictures from 2012, but I'm hoping to find some from 2010 for comparison....