Like Minded Lushes May 2015

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
May is here. It's a celebratory month for me. Anniversary, Mother's Day and my Birthday. Plenty of alcohol to be consumed this month. The days are getting longer and the deck is calling for lots of sipping. Have a great month Lushes! :drinker:

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Having my second drink of the night. Happy May!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hello May!! This May will bring some adventures and lots of communion parties :laugh:
    We came to terms with the buyer and we are all set to close on the 22nd!!!!

Drank soooo much at nephew's communion party. We stayed over and I think we went to bed at like 3am :noway:

Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    I am certainly going to try and not drink several days this week. Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo and I was planning burritos and that usually calls for margaritas...wish the 5th was on a thursday :wink:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kate!
    I'm back from the mini vacay and I feel bloated and tired. I need a vacay from the vacay! We had a wonderful time but I'm ready to get in some exercise and eat healthy and maybe even rack up a few 0's !!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    The latter half of last week was lushy:
    Thursday=5 drinks
    Friday=1 glass wine
    Saturday=6 beers
    Sunday=1 bloody mary
    shooting for 0 tonight, maybe margs and tacos tomorrow
    Should save some calories for the ballgame Sunday:)
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Happy May everyone! Congrats on the news, Kate! And Syd, you'll be back to feeling not bloated and tired in no time! I think that vacays from vacays should be mandatory! You need to have fun while on vacation, but then you should have a day or two in order to get back into the swing of things. If only!

Weekend was pretty lushy, as usual. Last night was a 0!

Plan to have a few 0's this week, but I probably will change that mind set come Wednesday or Thursday. With this weekend being Mother's Day, I always get pretty down since it just reminds me of my Mom and how much I miss her daily (she passed away when I was 14). So, it is what it is. I will end up drinking too much, but that's okay by me!

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    So many fun happenings going on!

Lushy weekend along with not so great for you food so it's back to healthy eats and workouts.

It's a "rest" week so I'll just be riding the bike and maybe squeezing in some extra stretching which means it'll be a high calorie burn week so there will probably be wine.... Especially since it's in the 80's and sunny today B) I brought out and put up the summer decor so I think I'll work out in a few then bum around until it's wine o'clock :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Hey May.........
    Sun - 4 beers
    Team win
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-already have 2 margaritas logged....let's see if I can keep it there :wink:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    So I did pretty good for Derby weekend. I worked much later than expected, till about 4:30. I had a martini when I got home, then about 3 glasses of rose' and 2 beers at the neighbor's and home. We went to bed before midnight so I was not hungover for Derby!

Derby I actually did pretty well till the end of the night. I started with mimosas at about 11:30, which I drank the whole pitcher (bottle) minus one. Then I drank Ashley Palmers all day, which has sweet tea vodka so only 60 proof. I had a couple spiked lemonades my friend brought from her Derby party (then took back when her party resumed after the races; she lives close to the track). I basically kept a nice buzz all day and then decided around 9:00 that I'd get into the wine. I drank about a bottle over the next couple hours and everything beyond then is hazy. I didn't ever feel bad, just tired and then incredibly bloated. The ick took me until today to get rid of.

We still did a lot of walking Sunday, had a beer at lunch, glass of wine at home, then a 16 ouncer at sister in law birthdays.

I had one cider last night.

We're having SIL and BIL over for dinner tonight, so there will be some drinks. Not sure what.... We only drank 2 of the 4 fifths of sweet tea vodka, so maybe I'll break into that.

I have 4 meetings tomorrow so it'll be hectic so I may need a drink when I get home. Then it's Thursday.... Hoping to keep drinks to a smaller number. I enjoy drinking more frequently but in less volume. I just feel like @ss when I drink excessively.

Derby was FUN FUN FUN though! We even won one of the big pots, so about $100. But then we bought the fight, which was $100.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Trying to motivate myself to workout before I start with the margs. Deciding if I want to swing by our favorite taco place for lunch or not.

In any case Happy Cinco de Mayo :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy Cinco de Mayo lushes! I've got my famous carne asada marinating and will make salsa and guac later. I'm sure the tequila will make an appearance at some point. Just hoping I manage a workout in there somewhere. :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! I'm headed straight for dinner at a delicious Mexican restaurant after work where I will have drinks & guac...and enchiladas. YUM! I plan on walking puppy this evening afterwards...BUT that could always change :/
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Mon - 2 beers
    Team win
    Happy Drinco de Mayo!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Happy Cinco de Mayo to all of you! Had a long day- began in the a.m. when checking by bank accts online. I found that an acquaintance of wife's nephew had stolen some checks out of our checkbook. He forged a signature on a check an took 75 dollars. Could have been worse.

Not a smart thief as the check had his name, DOB, and drivers license number on the back. So the day was spent at the bank changing our acct #. Then a few hours working on changing over direct deposits and auto payments to the new acct.

Next step is to file a police report.

Looking forward to this evening. Will have a few for sure..
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    hello all. new to this group. I have been noticing that i have been overindulging recently with the beer and/or wine. I don't consume anything else but those 2 types of alcohol. I know most of it has to do with my not liking my job recently. However, I have noticed waking up with a mild headache each morning (no, it's not a hangover). so, i need to go back to my previous goal of only having a 12 oz beer or 5 oz wine a few times a week, not EVERY night. Does anyone else have that problem? how do you stick with your goal?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hi kkz!!! Welcome. Honestly I have very little willpower and like you if I have a crappy day at work I will drink lots! I just try to balance everything through the week. I have weeks where I consume a lot everyday and weeks where I don't consume until Friday (rare occasion lately :wink:) Its hard for me to just have one...beers anyway!!! Weekends are the time when I just drink whatever I want!
    Maybe try setting up a goal and just work towards that!

Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 margaritas
    Wednesday-0
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Hi kkz! Welcome!

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 2 beers
    Wednesday - 0

I cannot believe it is only Wednesday. Does anyone else feel like this is the longest week ever?
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Bridget- YES
    Sunday- dryer died. :(
    Monday- research and bought a new set.
    Tues- Filed fraud report for stolen checks. Spent the day getting all our auto wdral and deposits settled.
    Wed- we will see.
    Great job on the zeros guys!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Your week has sucked Gary :/ hope it improves :drinker:
    I'm having a difficult time getting back into a healthy routine after our getaway. My shoulder has also been bothering me a lot...but I'm going to get in a good workout today if it kills me.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Gary-I am just looking back over the thread...that is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Dude!!!!

Bridget-the week is going ok, but today....DRAGGING *kitten*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have rethought my position on a zero tonight....not sure where that will lead but, we shall see. I would love to go to happy hour but I have so many damn leftovers that have to be eaten.