5/5 Day 75 Tuesday Movin May Day 5

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Your Quitting the Sitting Plan

Challenge: Using the input form on this page: http://www.quittingthesitting.com/act-now.html spell out your sitting reduction plan. Specify your top priority for sitting less (your “One Thing”) as well as any other actions you'll be taking to sit less. Fill out and submit the form.

Please Note: By selecting “My Fitness Pal Movin' in May Challenge” from the pull-down list of Organizational Challenges on the Act Now page, your pledged reduction to sit less will be added to our group's total, and this count will be shared with Auna so that she can let everyone in the group know the total number of sitting hours eliminated by Moving in May Challenge takers! No individual or identifying information will be shared, just the group's total reduction in sitting hours.

Alternative Challenge:
Run for 10 minutes! You can do it all at once or break it up into smaller chunks if you wish.

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing what's in your plan!
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I signed up yesterday, so I guess I'll be doing some running throughout the day. :)
  • themedalist
    Options
    Yup, quite a few folks have signed up already. I really like the enthusiasm!
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Signed up! I was going to run this morning, but there was rain. Will try tonight (although I HATE running with a passion).
  • matott25
    matott25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    running is to hard on my knees so I'll walk an extra 20 mins today.
  • nurselizrn
    nurselizrn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have already signed up as well, I did reach my step goal today by 1pm, which was very quick. Did a lot more walking around the office than I thought.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a runner, so I subbed a 10 minute HIIT workout for the 10 minutes of running. :)
  • themedalist
    Options
    I'm seeing lots of people sign up. If you haven't already signed up, please do: http://www.quittingthesitting.com/act-now.html According to social scientists, deciding which actions you want to take and then writing them down (even electronically) increases the likelihood that you'll take those actions.

Plus, at the end of the month I'll be able to share with the group the total number of sitting hours reduced by Movin' in May participants. Our collective impact!
  • lynnsh98
    lynnsh98 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Signed up and still have 3 mins to spare!. Whew!
  • farbinkie
    farbinkie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Signed up yesterday morning!
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Did not do the running, but I did do an extra 2000 steps for the day. :)
  • themedalist
    Options
    craftscout wrote: »
    Did not do the running, but I did do an extra 2000 steps for the day. :)

Great job, craftscout!

• meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Failed on the running challenge. Will try again next time it comes around.
  • keepcalmrunon246
    keepcalmrunon246 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Signed up - and running for 10 minutes tonight.