Your Monthly "Friend"

Options
smesche
smesche Posts: 234 Member
While we are not EBF, I do breastfeed my daughter (6 months on the 17th). Did anyone else's monthly "friend" come back with a damn vengeance around this time? Sweet baby Jesus! I feel horrible. I want to crawl in the corner with a bag of Oreos and a pint or 3 of Ben and Jerry's (I have not LOL). Anyone else or am I alone in this mess?

Replies

• twojacks
    twojacks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yup, my daughter is only 14 weeks and I'm on my second visit! Also trying hard to avoid all the carbs!
  • fitnatic130
    fitnatic130 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My boy is 11 weeks today and my I have my first visit finally not sure if I should exercise don't want to make it worse. Ben and Jerry's would go down a treat lol
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    OMFG! Yesterday was my cardio day and seriously, I felt like with every push forward on the elliptical, my uterus was about to fall out. I do not remember it sucking this bad after I had my son. This is scaring me into not wanting a third. I might die once this thing comes back. LOL
  • kmcc144
    kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just had my third a year ago (recently stopped bfing) and seriously.. My periods are TERRIBLE! I totally relate with feeling like my uterus is going to fall out!! It hurts so bad! It is just this crazy heaviness feeling. I am definitely thinking that I want no more kids now! Lol I have found that Motrin helps some.. But I am pretty much curled up that week.
  • reaganshore12
    reaganshore12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ebf and got my period 6 weeks after delivery. You know what was worse than the blood? The hormones.
    ...this means I'm about due for another one. :s
  • Mitzimum
    Mitzimum Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yes at pretty much exactly 6 months for me, ebf. It wasn't too painful the first few visits but then they got super far apart (like 50 days) and so painful :-( hang in there it should settle over time x
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 8 weeks post partum and get one yesterday! wOW!!!! Some intense stuff !!!!!! This is my third child but you never get used to this
  • Mum24Kids
    Mum24Kids Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't remember exactly when mine came back, but every month I wish I were in labour.
  • punkyVe
    punkyVe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    With both my kids it came back at 7 weeks and I breastfeed exclusively till solids were introduced, around 7mths.
    so I am one of those women that could have had kids less than a year apart.

On the bright side it means your body is healing and trying to get back into its rythem
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks post partum and just stopped bleeding from having him. Four weeks of that crap after a csection. I didnt breast feed long, two weeks max. Your posts don't give me a good outlook for when it comes back! Lol