It's supposed to rain all week

Options
lddfsu
lddfsu Posts: 38 Member
That's not going to be good for me and week 3. I guess I could learn to run in the rain. At least it's not snow!

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Skin is waterproof
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I love running in the rain.
  • lddfsu
    Options
    What do you wear? I feel like I would get hot in my rain jacket.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Depends how heavy it is, but for me I'd generally not bother with anything over my tech tee in summer, or fleece in winter. If it does get heavier, or windy, then I have a breathable Inov-8 running jacket.

Yes it does get warm inside it, and it can end up quite aromatic, but in windy conditions it makes a huge difference.

I used to have a cheaper non breathable running jacket and I'd end up as wet from condensation as I would have done had I not bothered.
  • mrsjatty
    mrsjatty Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did one of my week 4 days in bucketing rain, thought it might rain but not like it did. I wore a baseball cap, so glad I did because at least that kept it out of my eyes. That was the point I actually felt I could call myself a runner, I figured if I'm up and running in the rain, left the house knowing it would rain, then I have earned the title of runner
  • lddfsu
    Options
    A baseball cap is a great idea. Thanks to both of you!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    lddfsu wrote: »
    That's not going to be good for me and week 3. I guess I could learn to run in the rain. At least it's not snow!

It was a Beautiful day Yesterday - if you like running in heavy sloppy snow.

5fqibl8pbep0.jpg

• snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I wear running goggles, so I have a rain hat. It's actually made to protect your face, head and neck from sun, but it's water repellant and has a super wide brim all the way around.

http://www.sundayafternoons.com/adventure-hat.html

I also coated my running goggles with baby shampoo and then rinsed them off and re-apply this every so often. It keeps my goggles from fogging up pretty well. (The rubber seal on the top of my running goggles and my buff headband worn low on my forehead also keep the sweat from running into my eyes.)
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    you can do it, it feels so good in the rain, just make sure you don't slip! Be careful!