Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, May 4th - 10th

Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hello ladies (we seem to have lost the couple guys we had lol)

This week my goals are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days (But be mindful what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA two times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. To blog once this week (on another site) (I have yet to meet this goal, STILL, just no time!!)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week
8. Manage my stress levels and try not to stress eat, be mindful of it

Like I said in the last thread, I am up quite a bit but am ready to take this bull by the horns and move in the correct direction again....

How about you? What are your goals?

Weekly Mini Goal

Stress is a major eating trigger for most people. Try and do something to de-stress yourself this week. A long bath, yoga, meditation, whatever you want, as long as you get a little 'me' time. Let us know what works for you!

Replies

• Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Hey guys sorry I been MIA, I was having some health issues and I wasn't allowed to pretty much do anything, I was on bedrest and stess ate so much crap food, but today I am allowed to go back to exercise, but I need to take is easy so walking 10-15 mins and an aqua class.

my goals this week are

1. track all my food ( this honestly helps me)
    2. exercise every day ( but taking is easy by not over doing it and hurting my self)
    3. eating more fruits and veggies
    4. when I feel stressed out coming here to MFP and talking it out, and not going to food

this is a great weekly goal because my stress has been so crazy
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    *hugggggggggs* Welcome back, Skittles!

This week's goals:
    1. Eat what I menu planned.
    2. 10,000 steps everyday.
    3. PT everyday.
    4. Strength training everyday (alternating arms and legs). Rest on Sunday.
    5. Start carrying my backpack (with a full hydration bladder) while doing my walks, outside or on the treadmill. I want to start building up my strength and endurance for hiking, now that I think I've got the walking part down. Just filled with water, my pack weighs about 15 pounds, so this will be a good start.
    6. 20 minutes of decluttering 2x this week.

Mini goal:
    Yeah, this is a good one. I've been trying to do a short 10 minute meditation session every night before bed, just to wind myself down and center myself. The school year is coming to a close, which means my job is getting slightly panicky as we try to get everything finished before our program ends. I anticipate stress levels to go up.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    I'm still here; just not very active on the M,S & A thread lately. I'm more of a lurker by nature, and just logging my food was difficult enough on vacation and the week after.

My goals this week are:
    1. Ride 2 long bike rides and 1 short this week (4th, 6th & 9th).
    2. Complete Week 1 of C25K and Start Week 2 (5th, 8th & 10th).
    3. Get back to eating my standard breakfast/lunch fare.
    4. Eat more protien and fruits/veggies. The last two weeks I've been more focused on calories than whole package, and my muscles aren't recovering from heavy exercise as quickly.
    5. Get to work early, leave work early, and exercise early.

I wish I had stuck with my plan to walk daily before vacation with a full pack. It would have prepared me better to carry 3L of water, food, first-aid, etc.

Mini-goal:
    I've found an all out exercise effort (either intensity or duration) lowers my stress level, and keeps it lowered. I'm much more calm at work if I've gotten some good exercise time in on the weekend. I guess my brain figures it should spend it's time on something other than needless worry if my body is exhausted. Otherwise, shooting or cleaning work well for me too.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Welcome back skittles

My goals
    1) get on the treadmill
    2) log everything even if i go over
    3) drink my water
    4) go to bed early i am so tired

Mini goal: today i worked on adding stress tomorrow i will work on destressing
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Hi all :)

My goals this week are;
    1. Be active on MFP everyday.
    2. Try out my new kettlebells
    3. Make healthier meals
    4. Blog stuff instead of going awol and binge eating

Mini goal; I've been thinking about looking at meditation, possibly super-newbie yoga too. Being stuck at home on my own, I think writing stuff down might help too hence the planned blogging.
  • craftscout
    Yesterday, I got in over 16,000 steps. I don't know why, I just wanted to walk and walk and walk. I also did my PT and worked my arms. Meditated before bed, but didn't declutter. I did clear a bunch of things off my to do list which had been nagging at my brain, though. :)

Dinner was as planned. :)

Hope everyone has a calm and healthy day!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    My goals this week:
    Moar sleep
    Keep drinking water
    Make food so I'm not scrambling the next day
    Keep logging
  • Skittles2183
    Hello all, still slowing getting back into making the right choices, but yesterday I did track all my food and exercise 90 mins, walked 30 mins ( slow but still walked) and did aqua zumba, today I did 30 mins of walking a little faster but don't want to over do it, and I did aqua zumba tone. which is with weights. and just finished an amazing turkey wrap I made with grapes and water.

How is everyones Tuesday going?
  • HLaR79
    Good afternoon,

So sugar post breakfast was 8.3 yay it feels good i think i finally have the right mix of meds and foods! i cant test again until friday because i am.out of strips and money but i am happy with how i feel! Today i will clean my living room so i can stretch out the treadmill, and no work tomorrow which is exciting for me!

scout: sounds.like you had a good day yesterday
    Skittles: way to jump right back in

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Hey everyone....things are going alright over here....made a few poor food choices yesterday, and Monday was a write off because I was so tired, but am back on track today.....

Does anyone else have an uncontrollable urge to carb load when tired?

I find when I am REALLY tired, not from having a busy day, but the kind of tired you get when you have been sleep deprived for a day or more. I feel like when that happens to me I have zero control and will sit on the sofa just thinking about carb loaded foods all night.

HLaR - I am so glad you have better blood sugar control now! It makes all the difference in everything really.

Skittles - it does not matter what speed you are going, as long as you are going you are still lapping everyone on the couch.

Scout - declutterng can be really hard....I have that issue with papers.....PAPERS EVERYWHERE lol

I start PT tomorrow on my arms/hands and I am so hopeful.....I have tennis elbow in both arms and trigger thumb in both hands, ugh!
  • craftscout
    HLaR, I'm so happy for you! The right mix of meds and diet will make you feel so good!

Skittles, you know the routine, small but consistent steps will get you where you need to be, even if you have to stop to rest every once in a while.

Italian, I want to carb load ALL THE TIME. My life has become the struggle to become an active person and not eat ALL THE CARBS. :) I hope your PT is as good as mine.

While my husband and I were out walking yesterday (with my backpack on!), my son's preschool teacher stopped her car in the middle of the road to roll down the window and tell me how good I looked. :) The reactions from people who haven't seen me in a while are pretty amazing these days. And of course, the inevitable question: "How are you doing it???" I told her she was looking at it, because walking and becoming active has been the biggest change in my life overall.

Been doing my meditating each night.
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    tiny little voice peeking out from hiding-

I'm back.

Goals this week-
    Log
    Move
    Water
    Try to keep to calorie goals
    Don't get too down on myself for having a bad couple of months

And get back on the forums, because having other souls for support is BIG.
  • HLaR79
    Italian, when im Really over tired i cant eat at all, it makes me feel sick, but when im just off schedule i crave food!
    Scout: how motivating :)

Today i enjoyed my day off a lot, i went for lunch with a friend, laid on my couch and watched tv and did some major housework! We are almost re-settled from my sister moving out!
    Back to work first thing tomorrow morning!

for my goal: i am not really on the treadmill much, i know i need to but the week seemed to get away from me! But the rest im doing good at
    And for the mini goal i think today was a great de-stressor and i am ready to attack the week!

• craftscout
    Oh, it sounds like you had a lovely day, HLaR!
  • Skittles2183
    sorry for being MIA yesterday, It was a busy day for me, got up at 7 am and drove about 2 hours away to see some family who came in from out of state, went to the park and walked for about 30 mins, chased a 15 month old around most of the day, drove back to have dinner with my step father and my mom for my step fathers birthday and didn't get home till 11 at night. I was tired. but I made good choices for food. and today I'm going to walk. Monday I got back for another root canal. and this is giving me a lot of stress, had one a month ago so I'm trying not to worry, I have no pain from it and just a little sore in my gums from the shots after. so trying not to run to food.

Italin- I want to eat carbs all the time, not just when I'm tired. its my downfall. I have to try and think of other things to stop me form doing it

craft- that must of made you feel so great when she told you that, keep it up.

Kim- Welcome back

HLar- glad you got to enjoy your day
  • Afura
    Dem carbs. They're delicious and evil.
    The moar sleep is not happening, totally awesome. I was going to go to bed an hour early and ended up going to bed late (thanks dripping fire sprinkler you !$*%^ )
    Still drinking water
    Plenty of meat made, need to start making my brown rice too
    Still logging

@craft Fantastic! It's nice to have hard work noticed.
    @Kim WB, just go on from here, don't worry about what happened, that's over.
    @HLaR I love those days, there are never enough. Well no, there's always enough housework
  • Skittles2183
    Afura, I know what you mean about carbs, they are amazingly evil lol
  • Afura
    I would marry lasagna. But it can't put a ring on this. :cry:
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member

Weekly Mini Goal

Stress is a major eating trigger for most people. Try and do something to de-stress yourself this week. A long bath, yoga, meditation, whatever you want, as long as you get a little 'me' time. Let us know what works for you!

A little late this week, but I've reached most of my goals. I walked to work everyday, though my water intake could improve. Today, I plan on walking home, and it's more out of necessity since Obama is in town and all bus routes are delayed.

I feel very lucky in my life to have little stress. I try to do things everyday that make me feel happy including walking for at least half an hour, reading a book and trying new recipes. I would like to incorporate more yoga. I always feel better afterward, and I love how it improves my flexibility and strength.
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    My food yesterday was terrible (in a weight loss sense. It was delicious in reality.) but I kept the calorie count below my limit. So, yesterday was another small step in the right direction. Today I keep going.