5/6 Day 76 Wednesday Movin May Day 6

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Wednesday Weekend Planning Session

Challenge: Most of us have more flexibility on the weekends and it's often easier to be more active then. Each Wednesday our challenge will be to scope out a Saturday and Sunday “moving” activity that we'd like to do. What going on in your neighborhood or city this weekend that you might like to do? What outdoor activities sound fun or perhaps just need to get done? Start planning for the weekend now!

Alternative Challenge: Eat a new healthy food that you haven't tried before!

Replies

• fitnatic130
    fitnatic130 Posts: 53 Member
    I found a trip for Saturday going to take the kids to a local park there is an animal display there which I wouldn't have known about without this challenge. Thank you
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,211 Member
    I found a trip for Saturday going to take the kids to a local park there is an animal display there which I wouldn't have known about without this challenge. Thank you

That makes me so happy to hear! An animal park visit with the kids sounds like a lot of fun. Please let us know how it goes!

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,211 Member
    edited May 2015
    Can I also suggest to Challenge takers to make this a no-sitting challenge? If you are exploring options for this weekend via web searching of your local newspaper etc, that can be done while standing. And if you need to ponder your options a bit before deciding, a nice walk outdoors will get your thought processes flowing.

We do our best thinking when we aren't sitting down. Today's Did You Know? infographic makes that point very well. Check it out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10155837/did-you-know-series-5-your-brain-sitting-vs-moving
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    I found some trails that I wanted to explore last weekend, but my husband wasn't available (some unsavory things also happen in that park, so I don't want to go alone). Maybe this weekend we'll be able to go. And if not, I may tell my kids that for Mother's Day, I want to go on a hike! :)
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    I decided on a very long hiking trail to take my pup this Sunday (provided it doesn't rain). I won't be able to do the whole trail, but I can do at least some of it. :) Also, maybe I will finally make that quinoa for dinner.
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Hmmm....My husband and I bought fun new cruiser bikes last year and we haven't taken them out since before winter. I must resume that fun activity!
  • lynnsh98
    lynnsh98 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm taking my girls on a nature hike this weekend out at the lake in our town. There's a 3 mile nature trail that we've never hiked. We're going to bring a picnic lunch and hike the trail, then have our lunch somewhere on the trail. They're excited.
  • fadraface01
    fadraface01 Posts: 21 Member
    We are going tennis shoe shopping at our local runners hub for better fitting activity shoes for the family AND I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and attending a barbeque at a coworkers home on Saturday
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    May 9th is the inaugural Global Big Day (http://ebird.org/globalbigday/), where
    eBird and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology are hoping to engage a worldwide network of
    birders to go out, count birds, and support global bird conservation. My sister and I almost always go birding on Mother's Day weekend so I hope to be able to explore new parks.
  • farbinkie
    farbinkie Posts: 8 Member
    We're opening the trailer at the lake and the weather looks like it's going to be great! It's a new spot for us so I'm looking forward to exploring the area.
  • karab3312
    karab3312 Posts: 1 Member
    My husband and I joined a kickball league and we have games Saturday and Sunday! It's so fun and a way for us to meet new people!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    I'm going hiking and kayaking on Sunday! :)

I tried Thai eggplant and cloudear mushrooms.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,725 Member
    I wasn't sure this would happen, but I'm blowing off 5 hours of meetings today and going to the estate sale of a woman who was Edith Head's pattern maker. It won't be super active (unless I get into a wrestling match with another shopper), but I won't be sitting! Friday is part of the weekend, right?!