Read your food labels (day three)

jplis
jplis Posts: 28 Member
Analyze and reflect on your food choices. Are you eating healthy? Check calories, servings, fats, sugar, sodium. What are you learning?

Replies

• 2018schmelterk
    2018schmelterk Posts: 9 Member
    I LEARNED THAT SOME THIGS HAVE MORE THAN I THOT AND ITS SURPRISING AND I HAD A HEALTHY BEAKFAST!! YA KNOW
  • liaguerette
    liaguerette Posts: 8 Member
    I realized that some things have more sugar than you would think... I thought a nutrigrain bar would be healthy but it actually has 12 grams of sugar in it
  • meadowhadz
    meadowhadz Posts: 5 Member
    I've been learning that some things have a lot more sugar than I thought. I was most surprised with how much sugar is in bread
  • emilydwire
    emilydwire Posts: 4 Member
    When I had a granola bar, I thought it didn't have any sugar in it until I checked the label and it had 13 grams of sugar
  • lexabear001
    lexabear001 Posts: 4 Member
    I got a peach, pineapple, and lemon drink. I was shocked when it had 66 grams of sugar which is ridiclous. I didnt even drink it.
  • 2018essigj
    2018essigj Posts: 7 Member
    I am not eating to healthy but my grade won't suffer because of it. Ya know
  • Alexandersmyth
    Alexandersmyth Posts: 8 Member
    I've learned that many things have sugar. For example jelly has a lot and surprisingly so veggies that I saw.
  • 2018essigj
    2018essigj Posts: 7 Member
    But this challenge has made me actually look at the food labels on the back of food Ya know
  • Alexandersmyth
    Alexandersmyth Posts: 8 Member
    I saw even through a little it had 1 gram for veggies
  • 2018joslina
    2018joslina Posts: 3 Member
    Earlier yesterday, I found that plain UTZ salted potato chips were sugar free. What do you guys think about it? I mean, it is on the higher side in sodium, but it is low in fat and no added sugar.
  • meadowhadz
    meadowhadz Posts: 5 Member
    So shocked Oreos have 14 grams of sugar!