jplis
jplis Posts: 28 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
What are you discovering? Let's chat.

Replies

• abbyvarney
    abbyvarney Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I figured out that the drinks at school have an excessive amount of sugar in them and it amazes me!
  • jplis
    jplis Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great find Abby. It's no wonder the average American takes in 21 teaspoons a day.
  • mickaykay00
    mickaykay00 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I found out that even if the food doesn't have a lot of sugar in it there could be lots of sodium in the food.
  • samslater05112000
    samslater05112000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found out some labels will give a small serving size so the nutrition facts aren't that large but make sure you check how many servings are in that container
  • maddiebieber1256
    maddiebieber1256 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I found out that you don't really know how bad something is for you until you read the label we used to buy nutty grain bars all the time until we looked at the label and found out high fructose corn syrup is the second item listed. So I went with this instead gy1rn4zjlaz4.jpg
  • amandapretty
    amandapretty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found out that often times fruit juice can be just as or even more sugary than soft drinks are! Heres an interesting article I found: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-drinks/sugary-drinks/
  • rbing15
    rbing15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today with my burger, I tried Ezekiel Bread! Its completely sugar free and I was unsure at first because it looks kind of gross, but it was actually really good! Anyway, It's at the refrigerated part of Big Y and that was my discovery today!
  • joeybairos
    joeybairos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today I was about to drink some fruit juice. I checked the label out of curiosity and found that it had 28g of sugar!!
This discussion has been closed.