Food entry syncing

Options
bossfan55
bossfan55 Posts: 11 Member
I have an UP24, and I log my exercise on the UP app, which then syncs with MFP, and I log my food on MFP, which syncs with the UP app. I noticed on the UP app that its food logging function has the ability to find restaurants near you and you can then enter what you eat directly from the list of menu items, which is a little easier than doing the search on MFP. I logged a food item on UP using that function, but it didn't sync to MFP, so my UP and MFP calorie totals were off. Is this something that just can't work, or is there any way to make it happen? Alternatively, I wonder if MFP might consider building in a similar feature. Thanks!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Food and drink only sync one way—from MFP to UP. And MFP sends aggregate meal data, not individual foods.
  • gabylewis22
    gabylewis22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So today is my 3rd day using UP and for the first day it hasn't synced any of my food calories from MFP. What do I have to do to make it sync?
  • lovebugx
    lovebugx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @Gabylewis22 Same problem here. It worked perfectly for two months and now for the first day it hasn't synced any of my food calories from MFP too.
  • jolenematthews
    jolenematthews Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know this is sort of unrelated but my workouts and steps are now updated like 4 or 5 or more hours later whereas it's usually pretty immediate. I put in an email to MFP tech support and Jawbone. Jawbone has responded with some cap about it can take as long as 24 hours to sync with partner apps And I have yet to hear back from MFP. I call what good is it to connect the two apps if you get information to the other app a day late? Plus, it's been working just fine until the update from MFP so I'm pretty sure that's why this syncing problem is....grrrrr
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP posted that they're having a problem with steps that may also affect "integration partners that send steps to MyFitnessPal": http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1970451--members-may-experience-some-steps-issues-5-5-5-7-
  • gabylewis22
    gabylewis22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    lovebugx wrote: »
    @Gabylewis22 Same problem here. It worked perfectly for two months and now for the first day it hasn't synced any of my food calories from MFP too.

Mine actually started working today! Phew! Think it needed an overnight update....