05/07/15-Today I celebrate

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
Good morning everyone!!!

Today's celebration is a scale celebration. I'm finally below 300lbs. It feels like it took forever...which it did.

Today I am also celebrating being able to control my wants for candy/sugar. It is sooo hard as most of you know.

What are you celebrating today??

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Those are some MASSIVE wins there... :) That is one to mark down on the calendar, for sure! LOL

For lack of anything better to celebrate - today I'm celebrating the sunshine and the rain - the best of both worlds; Day 4 without my energy shot; and well, I guess the scale finally moving downward again, though I know it is likely to move back up to - so this one is a temporary / maybe type thing.

But most of all, I'm celebrating the magic of this group - and all my friends who are strong enough to help themselves and get back in this ring to continue fighting every stinking day!!!! GO US!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Although it's only a few of us who post consistently, we know we are there for one another and sending positive vibes, good thoughts, great energy everyday to each other. We celebrate each other' successes and feel the downs when someone is down. Most of all ( I can only speak for me) you gals and guys are an extension of my family. The part that for me, knows the trials of my life more then anyone else. I tend to share more here, then with most of my friends and family. We don't judge one another... we laugh, we cry, we celebrate, we are a family although we live miles and continents apart... We are AWESOME!!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Yes, tears flowing.....
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Today's celebration is a scale celebration. I'm finally below 300lbs. It feels like it took forever...which it did.

Today I am also celebrating being able to control my wants for candy/sugar. It is sooo hard as most of you know.

CONGRATULATIONS! That is HUGE! What a fantastic accomplishment to celebrate!

This group is truly wonderful. I missed you all while I was away, and yet it's been so easy to jump right back in. It's a strange thing to feel so bonded to people you only know through words on a screen, and not even in private conversation, but there's definitely an intimacy between us that I appreciate so much.

I love rainy days with sunshine!

Today, I'm celebrating getting involved with my community. I went to a meeting last night about housing and economic justice, and it was incredibly motivating. I'll be going to the organization's action planning meeting next week to find out how I can get more involved. I'm so excited about doing this, and about meeting so many amazing people!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    NorahCait wrote: »

CONGRATULATIONS! That is HUGE! What a fantastic accomplishment to celebrate!

This group is truly wonderful. I missed you all while I was away, and yet it's been so easy to jump right back in. It's a strange thing to feel so bonded to people you only know through words on a screen, and not even in private conversation, but there's definitely an intimacy between us that I appreciate so much.

I love rainy days with sunshine!

Today, I'm celebrating getting involved with my community. I went to a meeting last night about housing and economic justice, and it was incredibly motivating. I'll be going to the organization's action planning meeting next week to find out how I can get more involved. I'm so excited about doing this, and about meeting so many amazing people!

Love this, Norah!! I miss being involved, but my focus on getting my health in order and getting my *kitten* together right now doesn't leave much room for that currently...

And I too find it tons easier to bond with great folks like y'all because the anonymity of a screen allows us to share deeper and more meaningful worries, hopes, dreams, insecurities, and fears because we're all heading in the same direction, we all struggle, and we don't have family who has their own crap going on and the fear they won't love us anymore, etc.

Honestly, I'm closer to most of y'all than some of my own family. :)
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

What are you celebrating today??

That is so amazing Cari! There is just something about seeing the biggest number go down by one that makes it all seem worth it.

And I too find it tons easier to bond with great folks like y'all because the anonymity of a screen allows us to share deeper and more meaningful worries, hopes, dreams, insecurities, and fears because we're all heading in the same direction, we all struggle, and we don't have family who has their own crap going on and the fear they won't love us anymore, etc.

Honestly, I'm closer to most of y'all than some of my own family. :)

I so agree with this. I have been a loner most of my life. I never really connected with people face to face but on the internet when it is only in typing it is easier. I know I'm not one of the most vocal on this group but I really do feel that this is a place that I can share things and not be worried about being judged. Last summer when I started biking I got a lot of rude comments while doing it and I almost gave up. Due to the support of this group and just seeing how other people have been able to change things I kept with it. Now I can outride 3/4 of the people on the trail...there is a group of triatheletes I can't seem to catch...yet.

Today in addition to celebrating this group :) , I am celebrating getting my exercise in even though it is time of the month and all I wanted to do was lay in bed...and eat. I am also celebrating making the 6 dozen cookies that my son told me he needs for tomorrow as he was walking out the door this morning...and not eating a single bite of the cookie dough. Bit my tongue quite a few times furiously chewing gum to avoid it but I did it.

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss. I know you have been working hard and long for it. It's a reminder that everyone has to do this journey at their own pace. You can't rush life changes (though you can desperately wish the would speed up). It's a good reminder for someone whos own loss has dramatically slowed down to not let it get to me, that theirs no deadline to making lasting change.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Thanks!!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    wennim wrote: »
    I so agree with this. I have been a loner most of my life. I never really connected with people face to face but on the internet when it is only in typing it is easier. I know I'm not one of the most vocal on this group but I really do feel that this is a place that I can share things and not be worried about being judged. Last summer when I started biking I got a lot of rude comments while doing it and I almost gave up. Due to the support of this group and just seeing how other people have been able to change things I kept with it. Now I can outride 3/4 of the people on the trail...there is a group of triatheletes I can't seem to catch...yet.

Today in addition to celebrating this group :) , I am celebrating getting my exercise in even though it is time of the month and all I wanted to do was lay in bed...and eat. I am also celebrating making the 6 dozen cookies that my son told me he needs for tomorrow as he was walking out the door this morning...and not eating a single bite of the cookie dough. Bit my tongue quite a few times furiously chewing gum to avoid it but I did it.

Wendy, those are awesome celebrations!!! I'm so excited for you, and actually quite humbled to have had anything to do with helping you through such a struggle!!! Isn't it amazing what we can all do together??
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I dont have one today :/ I agree you are all great though
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    How about I celebrate that you popped in to visit with us today, Lise! (HUGS)
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thanks hon. I could celebrate packing 4 boxes today I guess.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Thanks hon. I could celebrate packing 4 boxes today I guess.

Definitely! Anything is SOMETHING. Sending you massive American-sized bear hugs (super-tight excessive over the top hugs where the arms wrap as far around in back as possible - just in case there is not a Brit-equivalent!)
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thank you, much appreciated x