Crossfit Successes

Options
2»

Replies

• keyneq
    keyneq Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can now do 21 double unders in a row. I went from 5 to 17 to 19 to 21 & you would have thought I just won the crossfit games! Pretty pumped.
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Woohoo everybody! I love seeing this stuff. :-) I agree on the "freestanding" HSPU...easier for me to tripod and then kip up. My body hates the "collapsing" feeling and wants to be centered. It's something that hinders my handstand walks because my body hates when I force it off balance to move forward. Oh well.

I pulled my back on HSPUs today (just like I did last week, blah), but I did manage to finish 21 reps of DLs (155#), box jumps and HSPUs, and then 15 of the DLs and 12 of the box jumps under the 10min cap. (We did a Diane-with-box-jumps WOD).
  • bknopf001
    bknopf001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Adding to this thread. Yesterday my Box did only Handstand walks. I debated not showing up. I cannot Handstand Walk and of course could not even "Kick Up" on the wall either. Basically still doing wall walks. I did one Kick Up on the Wall two months ago but could not repeat it even though I tried.

Yesterday my coach just had me focus on Kick Up and I nailed on the 3rd try. Did 4 or 5 more in a row holding each on for a 5 second count. I just told myself to keep my arms locked and I would not fall on my head (lol)

Pretty psyched. Thanks Allan Misner. You inspired me to nail it yesterday!
  • makennedy18
    makennedy18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I strung together a few doubleunders for the first time last night warming up to complete "Jerry" (mile run, 2k row, mile run). This was my first attempt at Jerry and I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish, but I did in 30:18. Running and Rowing are my nemesis.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    5:00 Annie time. A 2:07 PR, I was super excited.
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    5:00 Annie time. A 2:07 PR, I was super excited.

Wow!
    The best time for the women at my Box is 7:20... you smashed it!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I strung together a few doubleunders for the first time last night warming up to complete "Jerry" (mile run, 2k row, mile run). This was my first attempt at Jerry and I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish, but I did in 30:18. Running and Rowing are my nemesis.

So awesome!! Great Job! You Kicked butt!

• okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did Diane last night for the first time. I was talking to the coach beforehand about what to scale the HSPU to and she was like why scale them? I was like...ah 21 is really high number and I don't think I can do that many. She said just try it. Low and behold I didn't do it fast and they weren't all pretty but I got all of them done Rx and all the deadlifts too. Time 11:48. This wasn't even on my bucket list of something I wanted to do but I feel like I just climbed a mountain. I'm so proud and excited...just wanted to share. Hope you all have a great day!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    okulyd wrote: »
    I did Diane last night for the first time. I was talking to the coach beforehand about what to scale the HSPU to and she was like why scale them? I was like...ah 21 is really high number and I don't think I can do that many. She said just try it. Low and behold I didn't do it fast and they weren't all pretty but I got all of them done Rx and all the deadlifts too. Time 11:48. This wasn't even on my bucket list of something I wanted to do but I feel like I just climbed a mountain. I'm so proud and excited...just wanted to share. Hope you all have a great day!
    HOORAY!
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

Outstanding!!!!!

• bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Diane Rx is AWESOME! Woohoo!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    soooo dont laugh but box jumps. I was terrified for years but when my husband joined and did them instantly, it pissed me off enough to finally do it. Then about a month ago we were doing max height box jumps and I did something like a 30 inch box jump...I forget the exact #
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your handstand success AND congrats to everyone else who has posted/listed their own achievements - WTG !!!

*A huge win for me occurred yesterday ... I've been able to have success with my overhead snatch (*decent weight too), but could never squat following or catch the bar in the squat and then stand-up (*even when just using the bar). I have been working on my technique w/ dowels for months and working on my shoulder mobility ... Well, yesterday I was able to get it done ... and several times too!!!! Even though it was just the bar only (*no added weight), I was still very excited and so was my coach and fellow crossfitters. #notbadforanoldguy
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Couple PR's in the last week, C&J 144lbs and DL 295lbs. Also just got my first double under!
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I pulled a PR on my backsquat at 265 and front squat at 205. Now I need pullups and the damn DUs
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    MDLNH wrote: »
    Congrats on your handstand success AND congrats to everyone else who has posted/listed their own achievements - WTG !!!

*A huge win for me occurred yesterday ... I've been able to have success with my overhead snatch (*decent weight too), but could never squat following or catch the bar in the squat and then stand-up (*even when just using the bar). I have been working on my technique w/ dowels for months and working on my shoulder mobility ... Well, yesterday I was able to get it done ... and several times too!!!! Even though it was just the bar only (*no added weight), I was still very excited and so was my coach and fellow crossfitters. #notbadforanoldguy

Congratulations!

We have snatches today, In the year that I’ve gone, I don’t think we’ve done snatches on a day that I’ve been there (three times a week). We’ve done the bar as a warm up exercise, so, I’m not really sure how the skill/strength session is going to go today. Should be interesting.